CW/SH Tank Recommendations

These tanks are recommended for clan based activities.  Note that all activities are currently run at T6/T8/TX.  There are tournaments that may have different tank/tier requirements. 

***Updated 12/27/2017***

TX Skirmishes/CW

• Ideal
    • Conqueror Gun Carriage
    • Batchat 25t
    • Obj 140/907
    • Wz 5a / 113 / IS-7 / Obj 260
    • Badger (probably)
  • Strat Specific
    • Maus
    • Type 5
    • TVP
    • Obj 263
    • T57 Heavy
    • Obj 261
    • T110E3
    • Super Conq
    • Strv 103B
    • Foch 50B
    • T-100 LT / Rhmeistalthingamabob
    • Krapwagon
    • BC 155 58
  • Other (backups)
    • Obj 263 / 268
    • E-100
    • T110E5
    • Obj 430
    • Leopard 1
    • T110 E4
    • JPE100
    • AMX 30B / STB-1
    • T92 arty
  • Not Recommended
    • That Chinese TD
    • Foch 155
    • IS-4
    • M48 Patton
    • Centurion AX
    • FV4005
    • FV215b 183
    • GW E100

T8 Skirmishes

• Ideal
    • Defender/252u
    • Patriot/M26E5
    • M40/43
    • M41 90 GF
    • WZ-111
    • T92 LT (?)
  • Less than ideal
    • IS-3
    • T32
    • T34
    • Almost every single medium T8 tank
  • Strat Specific
    • AMX 50 100
    • Lorry 155/51
    • KV-5
    • Rhoomba/Scorpion
  • Other
    • T8 tends to be competitive enough that it is not recommended to bring tanks that handicap a team.  Unlike TX and T6 there is a greater gap between tanks that are useful here and tanks that are not.  The Swedish TD is a wildcard but may have a role here similar to the Rhoomba.

T6 Skirmishes

• Ideal
    • Cromwell/Bromwell
    • T-34-85
    • Type 64
  • Strat Specific
    • OI
    • T-150
    • FV304
    • KV-85
    • MT-25
    • T37
  • Others
    • Any tank with a max speed >40kph can be used in T6 Skirmishes
    • Type 64 is a very effective premium for SH Skirmishes
    • The KV-2 can be pretty hilarious
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These tanks are recommended for clan based activities.  Note that all activities are currently run at T6/T8/TX.  There are tournaments that may have different tank/tier requirements.    ***U

Honestly based on you're experience I'd suggest going for the object 140. Mediums are used as a flexing wolf pack and a majority of the time you will just be pushing in and focussing fire , utilizing

vBAddict, I know a few other people use it. You download and run a program while you play WoT and it automatically uploads your battle results, stats, crew skills, etc. to your account on their site.

I do not see the Super P on the list?...So it is not a good tank to use in SH/CW?  I know it got nerfed but I still see people rank it well.

No.  It's slow, has a very weak and well known spot on its roof that is pennable by any other T8s, and once something gets to its side/rear it is done.  It has little or no value in organized play.

Interesting....I knew about the commander hatch weakness but all tanks have a weak spot that is known and usually targeted.   I understand what your saying though, it is a tad slow.   I guess I fail to see why it gets such hype then.   

Interesting....I knew about the commander hatch weakness but all tanks have a weak spot that is known and usually targeted.   I understand what your saying though, it is a tad slow.   I guess I fail to see why it gets such hype then.   

It works in randoms because a lot of people don't know how to fight them and it is a tank that can really bully lower tiers. In competitive play the Super P would get torn up; you can shoot the hatch, you can shoot around the spaced armor on the turret, you can shoot the machine gun port, you can pen the lower plate near the tracks if you have over 200mm of pen, or you can just coordinate and flank it...you would be a sad Super P.

It's not bad at all in pub games. 

Decent Pub tanks != Decent organized gameplay tanks

Keys to a good tank:

1)  A lot of people have them so that you all go the same speed and people have trouble focus firing you.  This is why IS3s are still used even though the 110 is clearly superior.

2)  It has something that can be leveraged for an advantage that outweighs any exploitable disadvantages.   Obj 263 has the best speed and close to the best if not the best DPM of any TD and as long as you can keep it hidden it's phenominal.  Batchat has great camo, a big-burst autoloader, and the best speed of any TX med but you don't want to snipe with it or get up against anything with a lot of armor.  etc. etc.

3)  It has a great set of attributes and very few exploitable problems get the call making it very flexible.  The E5 and IS7 both are reasonably mobile, have useable armor, can get hulldown, and can pen with gold rounds. Neither is arguably the 'best' at a role (215b has better DPM than the E5, E100 has better armor for sidescraping) but because they are so flexible the provide a lot of options.  The 140 is another tank that is very good at just about everything (speed/dpm/depression/armor) but occasionally will get replaced by a tank that does one of those things better. 

obj 907 > t62a, the bouncing is real. 907 > 140 on city maps.

Until they nerf the t110e5, can't you can almost remove the is7 from ideal. It is 2nd class now in my opinion.

Talking strat specific. I'm more likely to ask for a fv304 than a kv5 in CW.....

List makes TOG sad.

• gpc_4 unpinned this topic