Sign in to follow this  
Aftrthought051

Mr Linford: Dad in the Spotlight TAKE TWO!! 11/30-12/4

hahahaha... my wife has just learned to live with the fact that I'm a Star Wars nerd for life, she has no interest in it, but she supports my obsession with it.  Plus our daughter has been getting into it as well so she accepts it....

Good morning, some of you will be waking up soon. Today is job and hobby talk.

Lets start with the boring stuff, work.

This year has been tough regarding work as back in March I lost my full time job after nearly 10 years! 10 years of my life working hard and going up and beyond what was my contract. I tired to help a customer fix a fault by installing temporally work around, that back fired! Turned out what I did was a security risk and I ended up losing my job. Only if I had it in writing I would have not had 3 months of no work.

So from March - June was very very tough time for me. I had to rely on government benefits for income, that once all in place, wasn't that bad. As I had worked all my life since leaving school, the government helped me better than I thought they would.

At the end of June I started contract work for i2O Water to basically do handle the migration from the company old SAAS to their new SAAS. 4 months in to my 6 month contract I got an offer for a full time job working or a different company. But i2O Water didn't want me to leave and counter offered them an offer I could not decline. Including health insurance, life insurance and a pension (so now I have 3 in my name :dry  ). So now I have a full time job here at i2O Water as a Product Support Technician. Basically means I am the platform/software support guy.

Now the boring stuff is out the way its time for the hobby talk!

As already said yesterday I love Star Wars, but must admit my son is a bigger fan than myself. So I still play my table top games. But mainly at the moment it is AD&D 1st Edition, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. I have a night pass from the wife every 2nd Friday of the month to play AD&D that normally is 1900-0000/0100. Along enjoyable night for me and a night of peace for the wife, everyone wins!   :2thumbs

Now this leads me onto my gaming habit. I no longer play on the XBOX 360 unless my son has asked me to join him in a game. I have gone back to PC gaming as there are allot of FREE MMOs these days, once that I enjoy. SW:TOR has really taken a back burner as I got my main character to the end of the story and slowing doing the rest. WoT is my main game as my local gamer's are playing this and I have a nice collection up to tier 8s. I do play other games from time to time, like War Thunder, Armoured Warfare, Dawn of War and some others like Hitman series too. SO as you can see my games vary in the form of style.

I am still a keen photographer but really need to look at an DSLR when the money is there. I love to cook when the wife doesn't, that's not often as she is home all day.

Then there are the TV shows that I watch, these also take a lot of my time as there are so many! Thank you to my media server, EMBY, I can simply export the list of shows I have, some of these I know have ended.

Agent Carter
Arrow
Banshee
Black Sails
Britain's Biggest Adventures with Bear Grylls
Castle
Constantine
Continuum
Criminal Minds
Da Vinci's Demons
Daredevil
Defiance
Dominion
DreamWorks Dragons
Fear the Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Ghost Adventures
Gotham
Grimm
Homeland
Limitless
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Double Agent
Marvel's Avengers Assemble
Marvel's Jessica Jones
Minority Report
Mr. Robot
Penny Dreadful
Russell Howard's Stand Up Central
Sense8
Sherlock
Sleepy Hollow
South Park
Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Supergirl
The 100
The Bastard Executioner
The Big Bang Theory
The Blacklist
The Flash
The Island with Bear Grylls
The Last Ship
The Librarians
The Muppets
The Shannara Chronicles
The Walking Dead
True Detective

I think that's about it for today.

Congrats on the permanent job. I have also had a spell on government benefits before. It's the worst feeling in the world walking into the jobcentre to sign on. I must agree with you though once it all comes through its pretty decent. No wonder all these people prefer to stay on it rather than work. Not for me though. Work is a lot more rewarding. I've never owned a pc always had a laptop which sometimes struggles to play videos let alone games so I have never had the experience of playing any of the PC Mmo's. Dan that's a lot of TV shows. To be honest I don't watch much TV but if I do its usually Bear Grylls or WWE or the usual soap.

Good read again buddy.

Drinking rum at 10 am makes you a pirate....not an alcoholic ;)

awesome reads! I saw you listed Sherlock is that the new one thats in the present time?

Yes that is, with Benjamin Cumberbatch.

Congrats on the permanent job. I have also had a spell on government benefits before. It's the worst feeling in the world walking into the jobcentre to sign on. I must agree with you though once it all comes through its pretty decent. No wonder all these people prefer to stay on it rather than work. Not for me though. Work is a lot more rewarding. I've never owned a pc always had a laptop which sometimes struggles to play videos let alone games so I have never had the experience of playing any of the PC Mmo's. Dan that's a lot of TV shows. To be honest I don't watch much TV but if I do its usually Bear Grylls or WWE or the usual soap.

Good read again buddy.

Drinking rum at 10 am makes you a pirate....not an alcoholic ;)

The good thing with work I have 1 hour for lunch so I can watch an episode every day. Helps me keep on top of everything I watch

Yeah Craig a little over 2 years ago the company i worked for, for 13 yrs closed it's doors, the owner just basically said he was done, so i was out of a job !! Extremely scary at the time !!

I'm glad you landed in a great place !! That is a lot of TV shows ! Me and my wife binge watch, we'll miss most of a season then on the weekends we'll watch 2-3 episodes a night !!!  :lol

Yeah Craig a little over 2 years ago the company i worked for, for 13 yrs closed it's doors, the owner just basically said he was done, so i was out of a job !! Extremely scary at the time !!

I'm glad you landed in a great place !! That is a lot of TV shows ! Me and my wife binge watch, we'll miss most of a season then on the weekends we'll watch 2-3 episodes a night !!!

I do that from time to time. Just not enough hours in 1 day.

Join the dark side, we have cookies.