Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

SilntMercy : (19 March 2017 - 09:20 AM)

captainjaQ, I honestly don't know if we have a PS4 clan for WoT. I know there is a playstation thread in here somewhere though

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:01 AM)

I think Silnt is right, we don't have a WoT clan for the PS4.

SGrant7 : (20 March 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Not yet anyways... you could always post in the PS threads to see who might play it on PS4

joey791 : (20 March 2017 - 10:56 AM)

Welcome to the forums michael mccormick :)

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM)

dorjammer

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 11:00 AM)

dorjammer sent me here

Harbinger_Of... : (20 March 2017 - 11:28 AM)

Welcome Mike

SilntMercy : (20 March 2017 - 12:36 PM)

claiming Jammer as someone who sent you here... you should rethink that intro

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

How's it going over here?

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

Discord is on the fritz at the moment

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

oh yea, if you're picking up Mass Effect, it's got an early release time! I was told 9pm today(CST) is when i could pick it up.

chaosdemon19... : (20 March 2017 - 06:08 PM)

hello all

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM)

hey chaos

Sixman_Up : (21 March 2017 - 05:08 AM)

DHO2 is standing up a Strongholds battle formation, each Wednesday night at 8:00pm (EST). Required Equipment; 1. Please have at least a Tier 6 vehicle. Vehicle type not too important as we are going to have fun! 2. Teamspeak Optional

joey791 : (22 March 2017 - 03:17 AM)

Welcome to the forums excpomelo :)

thedakar : (22 March 2017 - 07:30 AM)

Sixman, that 1 am local time for me - but if I can find a way to get up to play for an hour, I would find it refreshing!

Sixman_Up : (22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Sounds good dakar.. Sorry for the time difference.. We get this rolling strong, I'm sure that other Dad's will stand up other days..

joey791 : (24 March 2017 - 10:55 AM)

Welcome to the forums jlo3 :)

Wasted : (25 March 2017 - 01:07 AM)

hey guys! been away for a bit. hopped in ts on a FRIDAY night, not too late...nobody?..whats going on?

G3nst3r : (25 March 2017 - 01:32 PM)

Yo Wasted .Everyone getting burned out on the T25 mission or had other things to do....good to see you, wondered where you been.

Photo

Update to my weight loss

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,754 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

Well, I am down, I guess it would be safe to say, about 200 lbs now.  Or close to that.  I'm at 310 now.  I still feel plenty fat, and really want to lose this last 110, but I feel like it is slowing down.  Maybe it is because I am weighing less, and so burning less calories on my own. It also seems to be bad to me, to weigh myself everyday now since I can.  My weight REALLY fluctuates.  I have seen my weight drop 10 lbs in one day.  Then go up 7 lbs the next day.  Then I start to lose 2 lbs a day, each day.  Then back up like 10 lbs.  So I have just started this week to weigh myself only on Fridays.  Just once a week, and see how my progress goes.  

I also see that it might have to do with my day off from the gym.  I quit running for now because it increased my appetite so much, that I actually hit a wall and stopped losing.  Sure, I burned more calories, but I was also more hungry and ate more.  It balanced out.  So I am eating very little, and only hitting the gym.  I am telling myself I will start running again when I hit 250.  I am also going to try to do more on my day off from the gym.  So right now I am doing my workout program that I did in the Marine Corps.  Day 1: Chest & Back; Day 2: Bi's & Tri's; Day 3: Shoulders; Day 4: Legs & Abs; Rest day; Repeat.  So I think on my rest day, I am going to hit my abs hardcore.  I have been trying to do something on my day off.  Like lately, cutting the grass, or yesterday I ran everywhere I could during the night fire we put on for training.  I was told that planks are a great ab workout, and I have never done them before.  So I think I will incorporate some ab workouts on my day off.  I wanted to just skip the rest day because I was told that this has been proven not to be necessary for muscles to recover.  It is just what was once thought, but proven false.  But my wife is my workout partner and she REALLY does not like that idea.  She said that the day off is the only thing keeping her sane right now, and not outright quitting.  She really doesn't like me right now....gym wise that is.  Haha.  I think it is good to push her, but I think that would be pushing too hard.  So I will compromise by me doing some extra working out, probably abs since they recover the quickest, and leave her to just rest.

I have also discovered a great tool in a friend of mine's coach.  My buddy Park was my workout partner for my last 2 years in the Marine Corps, and he taught me a lot.  He is now learning from this guy in the Army who hopes to start his own nutrition and fitness company when he gets out.  He is extremely knowledgeable, having taken many classes on the subject matter and applying it to himself.  You should check out his YouTube channel, ExSciGuy Sci-Fit Training & Nutrition.  He has a lot of informative videos and you will see me all OVER his comments sections.  He responds very promptly to my questions, and even made videos to answer some of them for me.  He is trying to get a website for all his stuff up and running, and I will definitely let you guys know when that is up because I think it is going to be very informative.  He also has a Facebook page for the ExSciGuy, and answers stuff there, but as most of you know, I rarely get on Facebook, but maybe that is something you are more interested in, and find easier to follow.

I'm still doing the intermittent fasting deal.  I really miss breakfast because I love that type of food, but I can just eat that stuff for my dinner meal too.  I am still hungry all the time, but I have definitely adjusted to it more easily.  I have become accustomed to that feeling to where it doesn't bother me nearly as much.  Yesterday I only had a roast beef sandwich for lunch, and then a fajita for dinner.  That was it all day.  I usually like to get in a half of cup of yogurt because I read that helps with your digestion, but skipped that for yesterday because I was so full from the sandwich.  I usually drink some green tea at night mixed with whole fat milk, and usually do that right after dinner, but I skipped that too yesterday.  Again, I try to eat as early as possible and have all my calories done 4 hours or so before I hit the rack.  It is definitely working though.  I had wanted to be back down to 200 by January, but it might not happen till February from my weight loss slowing down.  I don't know though.  It's hard to tell with my weight fluctuation, so maybe I will have a better idea by doing the weekly weight loss, and seeing where I am in the second week of December or so.  The months are flying by real quick, and it sure feels like we will be in the new year before we know it.

8030.png

Users Awards

#2 Dadbeat

Dadbeat

Really Useful Engine

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Xbox:Dadbeat

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

Were you really over 500lbs?  That's amazing progress.

Planks are amazing for core, of course you have to be able to lift your gut clear off the floor - no judgement here honest!

My weight REALLY fluctuates.  I have seen my weight drop 10 lbs in one day.  Then go up 7 lbs the next day.  Then I start to lose 2 lbs a day, each day.  Then back up like 10 lbs.  

Turd babies?:bootyshake:duckhunt

Posted Image

#3 LordOfTheS1th

LordOfTheS1th

Sith Lord

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • Real first name:Carlos
  • Xbox:LordoftheSith
  • PSN:LordoftheS1th

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Keep it up bud!! You'll get there!!!

Posted Image

Users Awards

#4 Nickali28

Nickali28

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • Steam:nickali25
  • WoT ID:Nickali28

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Wow!That's some serious work being done.Keep it up.:2thumbs

Probably a good idea to switch that routine up.It's amazing how much your body can get accustom to.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $5408 ($1246 with sales)
  • Games owned: 518
  • Games not played: 462 (89%)
  • Hours on record: 812.7h

My excuse for being bad at games is my ISP. Why I'm really bad? Solitaire is more my speed. :doh
fs_overall.png

Users Awards

#5 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,754 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, I was over 500 lbs easy.  For the sake of tracking, I have just said I was 500 lbs, but I'll bet I was closer to 525 or so.  I just never had a farm scale to weigh myself when I started.  After I had lost a good bit of weight, and my pants were falling off, I weighed myself, and I was at 478.  It was kind of a sobering moment because I thought I was doing really good.  I thought I might be around 450.  Well, I was doing good, I just didn't know how much weight I had lost since I had no starting point.  I thought I had only lost 22 lbs, but now from what I have been able to measure, it probably was closer to 50.

The poop definitely drops the weight.  That, and drinking a ton of water.  I know people hate drinking water because they feel like then they are weighing all this water weight, but if you readily feed your body water, it will more quickly shed that water.  What you don't sweat out, you will actually pee away since your body knows it will get more.  This is also a main form for your body to shed the fat it has converted to energy to feed your body.  So I eat the yogurt to poop more and properly digest the little bit of food I am intaking, and the water to help shed that fat conversion.  I try to drink at least 4 of my thermos type cup a day, but I usually end up drinking around 6.

Thanks guys.  I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but I really want to just hurry up and get there.  I guess like in the beginning, I have to accept that it won't happen overnight, and although I can't see the small changes each day, they are happening.

8030.png

Users Awards

#6 nightstorm56

nightstorm56

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,864 posts
  • Real first name:Val
  • Xbox:nightstorm56
  • PSN:nightstorm56
  • Steam:nightstorm56
  • WoT ID:nightstorm56

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

From my own weight loss experience recently, I found that checking my weight in the mornings after my morning "deuce" would usually give me the lightest weigh in of the day, partially because of the rest your body just received and any exercise you did during the day taking effect.

Unfortunately, I'm slowly climbing back up in weight since I've stopped tracking calories and have been eating how I want. Up 10 lbs. :(

Keep on keepin' on; you'll get there. :D

r1x26s.gif
nightstorm56.pngnightstorm56.png
Hi, I'm Val!

Users Awards

#7 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,303 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

That's awesome Damian!  I need to get in shape myself.

I've been hovering around 300lbs for about 8 years, never really losing or gaining anything without exercising.  A lot of my friends can't believe from looking at me that I weigh this much, I guess i hide it well when I'm not at work.  That's when I'm a little more self conscious about how i look cause of having to tuck my shirts in and the so called beer belly I have shows a lot more.

I drink nothing but water at work, at least 64oz a day.  I know I don't eat right but I am starting to eat healthier.

I've also decided that I'm going to take up disc golf since that's a lot of walking and I can do that on a regular basis since there are about 3 courses in my city that I can play at.

7240.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.gg/2EPt6uk

Users Awards

#8 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,754 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

That will definitely help, just getting out to walk.  The eating was my biggest part.  By cutting down my portions really sucked at first, but now I am used to it.  It's great for the money saving too.  My wife has always been a small eater, but now she has cut down too.  We share meals now too.  So while we don't do everything all healthy all the time, we eat much smaller portions.  We split a country fried steak dinner from Church's, and last week split a 4 piece chicken meal from Cane's.  One meal, two full people.  Saves us cash and calories.

Yeah, for me Val, this is less about a "diet", and more about a lifestyle change.  I realize now I don't need to eat nearly as much as I did, and my body has adjusted.  I realize how soon I am full, and stop before I ever get sick.  And if I do eat too much, it is WAY less than what I use to eat.  So I can eat what I want, but I only eat smaller portions of it.  I don't miss out on anything good.  I just eat less of it.  No over-indulging for the sake of it tasting so good.  We have gone out for ice cream at Sonic and Baskin Robbins and such, and I just order the "snack" or "kid size".  It is plenty really, and satisfies that crave for sweets.

8030.png

Users Awards

#9 ratpak

ratpak

I don't fire warning shots

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Real first name:Stephen
  • Steam:ratpak
  • WoT ID:ratpak

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

awesome work!  Always weigh yourself in the morning, but don't do it every morning because it will fluctuate and you don't want to get discouraged.  Stay with the gym program because we all know muscle burns fat.

Since you are working out may be why the weight fluctuates so much since muscle weighs more than fat.  Something that might help with the eating and feeling hungry is eat several small meals during the day instead 

of the classic 3 meals a day.  Eat a nice balanced meal, but not too many carbs.  Proteins and green veggies and lots of water.

KEEP IT UP!!!:congrats

rwqxdz.jpg

t67z10.jpg

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and

not be questioned about their motives.

#10 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:52 AM

So I have hit a plateau it seems.  I've done some research, and it seems this is a common thing to happen when you are trying to lose weight.  Of course the biggest thing is not to get discouraged.  I know we just had Thanksgiving, but I really didn't go overboard.  I just had a small plate of food.  I did eat a little bit of pecan pie, but that was it for the desserts.  After a week, I weighed myself, and I was at 309.  A week later, and I was still at 309.  I've read that the plateau can last like 3 weeks or more though.  Still, we are taking a cruise in April, and while I was hoping to be back around 200 by January, now I just need to do something so I am back to that by April.

I realize that I am 200 lbs lighter, so my metabolism is going to be working slower than it was, and I am burning less calories now than I was before.  They said weight will fluctuate between 3-5 lbs from water retention, but what I find is that I am fluctuating between 10 lbs from it.  Of course I drink a butt load of water each day as it is important to flush the calories and fat I am burning though.  I am also taking creatine which helps you retain more water for muscle development.

So I figure I could try to start to eat a little bit more during my 8 hour period.  Eat even less for each meal, but just more frequent.  But my mind can't get over the fact of "more calories intake, more calories I need to burn off".  Calories equal fat.  I then read that when Sylvester Stallone was getting ready for Rocky II, that he went on a hard core diet to cut down his fat.  He only ate 12 egg whites, a piece of toast, and a piece of fruit each day, and he got down to 2.5% body fat for the film.  I thought, "man, I can do with eating even less than that."  So I cut out dinner now too.  I only eat once a day, and it is still a half or less portion.  No more dinner for me.  I do eat a half of cup of yogurt a day.  I find this keeps me regular for potty time, which I think is important to losing weight.  Sure, I barely have any food I intake, but there is still waste products there.  When I don't eat the yogurt, I don't go.  So I try to eat a half each day.  Been eating the Oikos triple zero which is only 120 calories, and is greek yogurt which is the best one to eat I've read.  I just eat half of that each day, so just 60 calories.  I also mix some whole milk, heated up, with some blueberry green tea at night.  Green tea at night is suppose to help with your metabolism as well.

I was down to 307 yesterday, and 304 this morning.  I'm hoping if I can break this mythical 300 barrier I seem to be at that my body will start shedding the weight again.  Of course they say that you could hit 2-3 plateaus while you are losing weight.  My thing is that I was never able to weigh myself before when I was too fat for a scale, so who knows if I've hit one once before and just never knew.  So hopefully I am able to get down to the 200 again, and not hit one at 250 or 225.  Of course, I think if I hit 225, I will be pretty happy.  Sure, I will still want to be able to get down to 200, but man, to just have 25 to go from the 275 I already shed will be plenty good enough for me.

8030.png

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users