Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

T34pzric : (23 April 2017 - 03:41 PM)

Also you should introduce yourself here http://dadshideout.c...-here-6/page-45

Lucudus58 : (23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM)

I did that also

Lucudus58 : (23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM)

:bnb

NeoGP : (23 April 2017 - 07:52 PM)

anyone following TS changes, check the WOT general for info.

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 05:25 AM)

can someone send me another invite to the clan today Please

bergsteiger : (24 April 2017 - 12:42 PM)

Rough night last night. 1 for 6. Had to move on to WoWs, even though I did get to kill Grant ;)

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 04:23 PM)

pretty quiet in here

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 04:24 PM)

:gitrdone

joey791 : (24 April 2017 - 11:27 PM)

Welcome to the forums sgt. flint :)

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM)

Hey All......anyone out there from 2 years ago remember me?

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 PM)

just started playing WOT again and looking for a clan or group

bergsteiger : (25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM)

Crazy night. Got all my wins AFTER I quit tooning. Very unusual.

The_Dad : (25 April 2017 - 08:36 AM)

similar experience last night... all my wins were BEFORE I started platooning

NeoGP : (25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM)

Hey Flint!

xtc4 : (25 April 2017 - 11:28 AM)

With new mm, having good players at the top of the list seems to make a huge difference. And platooning seems to almost always put you at bottom of the list. So perhaps it makes sense that you good players are winning when playing solo.

Archaic : (25 April 2017 - 11:14 PM)

Yes, platoons seem to be pretty gimped with 3-5-7

sgt. flint : (26 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Hey Neo, yes i remember you. any others from the old crew still running?

NeoGP : (26 April 2017 - 10:17 AM)

not sure man..I haven't played wot in 2+ years, alot of changes throughout the 5 clans

SGrant7 : (26 April 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Haven't been on much in the last few days, but are 2 man platoons fairing much better?

bergsteiger : (26 April 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Platooning doesn't seem as big of an issue as Tier 8s. Don't think I've had a single game that I was top tier in an VIII

Photo

Battlefront Thoughts, Hints and Tips

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 Sixchase

Sixchase

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • PSN:Sixchase

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:53 AM

Ranked up to level 8 last night, the graphics are awesome to say the least.Game play is quick and smooth.Love the fact there is no camping and no bullshit quick scoping crap.Over all the game is a blast, fast paced and don't have to run for a mile to get into the action.

#12 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,316 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

I played for about 4 hours last night got up to Rank 6.

I played about 4 different modes.  I really like the squadron one but it's hard to get use to flying with the right stick only.  I'm getting there, most of the time I'd make top 4 or 5 just on points alone without killing anyone but AI's. :lol

The walker assault is just as fun as it was in the beta. I played on Hoth and Tatooine. Won one as the rebels at the last second and won one as the Imperials.

My son seems to like the Hero Hunt mode.  Where it's one person versus 7 others and the one person is a hero and whoever kills the hero is lined up to be the next hero. I played a couple rounds of that, it's fun and is almost unfair cause during my matches, it seemed like the same person was always the hero.  I was the hero twice and only got maybe 7 kills in each match i played.

7240.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.me/dho

Users Awards

#13 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox:schnibbs5

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

I put in a few hours yesterday.  Only got to rank 4, but I played more of the training missions and battles than I did PvP.  I'll echo Slayr's advice to play in 3rd person mode and shoot from the hip.  Only zoom when you need to.  

Gameplay is smooth like butter with beautiful graphics.

There are some fun modes and plenty of gametypes.  I just wonder if it would have been better to have less gametypes with more depth, though.  We'll see if it has longevity.  A bunch of DLC is coming, but the season pass is $50.  Kinda feels like you have to fork out $110 for the full experience. 

Posted Image

#14 RIPxDevilMutt

RIPxDevilMutt

If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.....

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

I can already tell this is going to be one of my fav games. It is also my first purchased DLC game for XB1. I gotta say, loving the DLC. I pre-ordered it, it was downloaded and ready to go at midnight on the 17th, I was up and running at 12:08 A.M. LOL.      

I played for at least 9 hours so far. I played the tutorial, tried about every mode once, then played walker assault the rest of the time. If you want to gain credits quick I suggest playing the Blast mode or one of the other modes that last only 10 minutes or so. Walker assault and some of the other modes can take a long time to play and gaining credits from these modes can prove to be a bit slower (if you’re an average FPS player like myself).  

Starting out I would suggest unlocking the Ion shot, ion torpedo, and the thermal detonator. The ion will help you take out vehicles and turrets with you primary weapon super-fast. As for the ion torpedo, it can auto lock on to equipment, turrets, and vehicles (even fly craft) and take them out or damage them severally. The thermal detonator is just a grenade, and well who doesn’t need a grenade at times right!

As for weapons, I suggest unlocking the DLT 19 first. It is a heavy blaster that has a high rate of for medium to short range, and moderate damage. Its a great weapon for the run and gun style of player.  It is highly recommended to run around in 3rd person to run and gun and to use 1st person for long aiming down sight engagements (I’m talking at great distance for 1st person so you can scope in).  I found that aiming down sights and firing vs the hip-shooter in medium to close engagements always loses the engagement.

I can’t stress enough, use the power up pick-ups. I see them strung about and people run right by them. aThermal Imploder or laser turret can sometimes change the tide of an engagement in a corridor. Last but not least for sure, have fun. You will die and die a lot. I consider myself a decent enough FPS player and I died 380 times and killed 323 players in 9 hrs. It’s a challenging game with all the vehicles, ships, hero classes running about. You also tend to have A LOT of young players playing who don’t tend help with the objective modes very well. I actually love the objective modes. I believe there the most challenging. Anyway, if you have any question about how anything works and you haven’t started playing yet, send me a message and I’ll try to help.

Also, if you’re on XB1 give me a shout RIPxDevilMutt I’ll be playing A LOT. Be happy to team up with ya and blow some stuff up….

Oh yeah, hit rank 13

DHO_RIPxDevilMutt.png      

9422.png

#15 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

I'm still up in the air for the season Pass.  I might just end up breaking down and getting it.  PSN is advertising if you pre-order the season pass you'll get 2 weeks early access to the DLC.

I as wrong about the Battle of Jakku DLC coming out in 2-3 weeks, it's already available if you pre-ordered.  I thought I put my code into download it yesterday and nothing happened.  I'll have to put my codes in again to see what happens.

What I don't know is if it's included in the 4 DLC's that EA is offering or separate.

Where do you go to change the settings to 3rd person?  I haven't seen anything in the menu on where to change any settings?

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#16 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

You can do it in-game by pressing and holding down on the d-pad.  You can set the default  options in gameplay settings, I believe.  It's the top option in one of the control submenus.  Change from 1P to 3P.

Posted Image

#17 Slayr

Slayr

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

I'm still up in the air for the season Pass. I might just end up breaking down and getting it. PSN is advertising if you pre-order the season pass you'll get 2 weeks early access to the DLC.

I as wrong about the Battle of Jakku DLC coming out in 2-3 weeks, it's already available if you pre-ordered. I thought I put my code into download it yesterday and nothing happened. I'll have to put my codes in again to see what happens.

What I don't know is if it's included in the 4 DLC's that EA is offering or separate.

Where do you go to change the settings to 3rd person? I haven't seen anything in the menu on where to change any settings?

It's not in the settings. Look at your controller. It's the same button you to flip your look left or right behind cover. Just hold down that button. Then it changes your view. You can do it on the fly in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#18 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:33 PM

There's my problem. I didn't know you could look left or right while behind cover either!  :lol

I'll fiddle with it when I get home this evening.

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#19 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

So I've been reading that the Battle of Jakku DLC isn't available to play until 12/1 for those that pre-ordered the game.  Am I reading this right or are people already playing the DLC?  I'm confused on this. I put my code in for it and nothing happened.  Normally I'd see something like congrats, you've redeemed your code for early access.

I got another code from my friend at Gamestop thinking mine didn't work.  I haven't tried it yet but I want to hear from others hear whether they had the same issue or not when putting in the codes for the Jakku DLC.

7240.png

Daddy of Twinz!

Users Awards

#20 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

I don't think The Battle of Jakku is available to play yet.  I heard the same thing on dates as you did.  I preordered digitally a few days in advance from the MS store and I didn't get any kind of code.  

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users