Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

SilntMercy : (21 June 2017 - 12:04 PM)

Needs to happen now. This season looks amazing from the previews.

SGrant7 : (21 June 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Seriously!

joey791 : (21 June 2017 - 05:55 PM)

Welcome to the forums kore :)

Vikinger : (21 June 2017 - 06:02 PM)

GoT marathon on HBO starts tonight. Beginning with Episode 1. :-)... I may have to take a small breather from my grind in WoT.

joey791 : (21 June 2017 - 06:21 PM)

Welcome to the forums 0ntarg3t :)

0ntarg3t : (21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM)

thanks

0ntarg3t : (21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM)

just checking it all out

SGrant7 : (22 June 2017 - 09:11 AM)

Welcome 0ntarg3t

bergsteiger : (23 June 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Frustrating week for me in WoT. Be back in 9 days, hopefully refreshed :)

Texas2501 : (24 June 2017 - 09:41 PM)

corpus meet up

joey791 : (25 June 2017 - 08:46 AM)

Welcome to the forums MarineMudaTrukr :)

MarineMudaTrukr : (25 June 2017 - 08:47 AM)

whats up

Ensena : (25 June 2017 - 06:04 PM)

not sure how i get into your team speak been a member since sept ... 2016 and

SGrant7 : (26 June 2017 - 08:46 AM)

Just a heads up to anyone not in the know... Steam Summer Sale is on until July 5th

SGrant7 : (26 June 2017 - 08:56 AM)

Hi Ensena! All the info for the TS & Discord server can found in the following link. Please read through the post, introduce yourself in the intro thread and follow the links to get started on TS. If you have any other questions, please let us know. http://dadshideout.c...eak-leadership/

Sixman_Up : (27 June 2017 - 04:15 PM)

I JUST GOT A PROMOTION! WOOT! WOOOT! :)

xJediDadx : (27 June 2017 - 04:21 PM)

congrats!!

Bubba187 : (27 June 2017 - 04:55 PM)

Awesome, congrats!

Vikinger : (27 June 2017 - 05:35 PM)

Nice Six!

Sixman_Up : (27 June 2017 - 07:39 PM)

Ty ty guys! :)

Photo

PS4 here I come (Hopefully)!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 HarpoMarxist

HarpoMarxist

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • Real first name:Brian
  • PSN:Lord_Sornos
  • Steam:harpomarxist
  • WoT ID:HarpoMarxist

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

So, by the end of the week, I should be having my PS3 sold. I've been talking with my wife about replacing it with a PS4 this year and she's been surprisingly cooperative about it. Her only issue was "but Brian, you don't ever play your PS3, why should you spend $500 on a PS4?" Well, I thought I'd have people to play with on PS3 still but anyone that said they were keeping their PS3s and still playing have been on their PS4s. I told her, if I have a 4, I'll have more people I can play with.

So anyway, now the obstacle is what to buy. I'd love to get the 1TB drive that is in the Black Ops 3 bundle, but she doesn't want to spend $429. I was looking at the Battlefront bundle (the standard, $349 one) because I've been excited about that one. I just got looking, though, and I see that Walmart (praise the company that pays my bills) has the Uncharted Bundle for $349 also, and you can choose Madden '16 or Fifa with it (obviously, I'd go Madden!). I also noticed that it looks like the Black Ops bundle also has the same offer. So... choices, choices.I need to point out to her, though, that I wouldn't be spending $429 from my check (which will have a bonus attatched to it, too) if I get the BO3 bundle, as I'll right off the bat get 20% off (yay for being rewarded for working the Black Friday event), so that'd bring it down to $349, and then we're getting $200 for my PS3 and games, so really, I'm only paying $149 for it, if you think about it. The rest of my check can go toward whatever. I won't go through the math for the cheaper bundles. lol

So... any insights on which bundles would be better to look at? I will honestly admit that I'm terrible at FPS games on consoles, but hey, maybe if I have motivation to play them (aka have friends to play with and whatnot) maybe I can improve. And I will definitely say that getting a 2nd game, especially one like Madden would definitely be a plus for me.Should I push for the BO3 bundle? Settle for one of the ones for $349? Should I go Uncharted or Battlefront if I go that route?

Chances are, I'm purchasing from Walmart since it'll be my cheapest option by far, thanks to the employee discount.Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

signature.png
pctech4life@dadshideout.com

#2 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts
  • Real first name:Dan
  • Xbox:MagmaFlow
  • PSN:MagmaFlow
  • Steam:MagmaFlow

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

I don't want to tell you which bundle to get, but if it were me, I'd go with the Uncharted one mainly because I have only played through Uncharted 2 and don't remember. So they'd all be new games to me.

But if you're a multiplayer guy then you'll find a lot of people on Black Ops 3. Can't go wrong there.

I will suggest that when you do get that PS4 go and check out the store and download and check out some of the free games. I've been kinda getting back into Warframe. It's a really well done free to play game. Don't forget that PS+ membership if you don't already have it.

Users Awards

#3 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,336 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

Get a bundle with the smaller hard drive.  The hard drives are super easy to swap out with a 1 or 2 TB drive and it won't break the bank in buying the bigger hard drive either.  Check out the stickied thread to see what the rest of us have purchased.

7240.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.me/dho

Users Awards

#4 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,771 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

I think it will come down to what game you think you will be playing more of?  Star Wars and Madden?  Or Black Ops and Madden?  Dads will definitely be on both.  Like Jedi said, the hard drive is easy and cheap to replace, and really won't be an issue until much further down the line.  Sorry we all abandoned you to the PS4, but hope to see you on there soon.

8030.png

Users Awards

#5 HarpoMarxist

HarpoMarxist

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

Oh, no worries, Aftr, I got my PS3 after all you guys had already migrated to the PS4. I bought it knowing that the number of people that would still be on it would be slim and I only got it because the wife wouldn't let me spend the mula on a 4 at the time lol. I never ended up playing with friends from work, either.

Magma - I really was thinking about the Uncharted bundle - probably between that and Battlefront.One thing I'm not sure about is exactly what kind of game is it? From looking at the case for it at the store it looked kinda like a Tomb Raider-esque type game? If so, those games may not be a bad idea, as I always loved the earlier TR games (never got around to trying the newer ones). I've messed around on Warframe on the PC and it wasn't too bad, but I get bored with multiplayer games without people to play with.

I'm really tempted to at some point make sure I have COD:AW, COD:BO3, and a lot of those other FPS games as well, because I really want to play them, but I keep thinking that I'm terrible at them with controllers so maybe I should just wait for sales on Steam, etc and get them for the PC... but then again, I keep telling myself that I'll never get better at them on consoles without playing them on consoles, either. lol Definitely planning on getting PS+ right away, as well. I know I'm getting Madden for sure, no matter what bundle I buy, and I'm trying to decide on NBA2k16, NHL '16, and a few others... Walmart is having A LOT of games for $27 or less for Black Friday. Thinking about picking up Destiny for that deal, too (I think that one's only down to $35 for Black Friday).I'll check out the sticky, too. Thanks guys!

signature.png

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Real first name:Luke
  • PSN:phoenix1362

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

Come play Destiny with us! :)

Good luck.
phoenix1362.png

Users Awards

#7 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts
  • Real first name:Dan
  • Xbox:MagmaFlow
  • PSN:MagmaFlow
  • Steam:MagmaFlow

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

Uncharted is kinda like Tomb Raider, but there's some gunplay and cover mechanics in there. Can't go wrong with that, in my opinion.

Users Awards

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Real first name:Luke
  • PSN:phoenix1362

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

Uncharted games are great!

I haven't played number 1, but I did just pick up the collection and I am looking forward to the 4th!
phoenix1362.png

Users Awards

#9 CrazyDaze

CrazyDaze

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Real first name:Chad
  • Xbox:CrazyDaze
  • PSN:CrazyDaze71
  • Steam:CrazyDaze

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

Uncharted is a great series but the first one had wonky shooting mechanics if I remember correctly. The seond and third games were awesome, I liked them a lot and am looking forward to the fourth installment.

Don't bother getting CoD:AW unless it's bargain bin cheap just because I feel most will have moved on to BO3. I'm loving BO3 and having a blast with all modes of the game, so that would be my choice but I think there will be many more playing Battlefront once it's released. I'm just not sure of it's longevity beyond the initial excitement of playing a Star Wars shooter wears off. The beta was fun but I wasn't drawn into it like I was for the BO3 beta. It just doesn't seem to have the depth of something like BF4 either for my taste.

Destiny is definitely a solid choice as many still play it from what I read here and see on my friends list. Also, as was mentioned, don't worry about storage capacity since it's easily upgraded but if you can get the larger drive for the same price then I'd go that route.

1047968.png

Users Awards

#10 HarpoMarxist

HarpoMarxist

Assassin

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

Well, it has begun. Took my break a few minutes early so that I could amble on over to the electronics department at midnight and got my Battlefront bundle put in layaway. The great news is that the discount I'll get when I take all my stuff out of layaway will be 25% rather than the 20% that I'd figured, so even more savings... Still surprised that I sold my PS3 (albeit with 14 games) for $200 when you can buy them brand new for $219. Great news is that while I thought my bonus check was going to be the 18th, it's actually going to be on the 4th so I'll be able to pay it off and bring it home 2 weeks earlier than I thought!

Also great news is that most of the games I want will be on sale for $15, $25, $27, or $35 (depending on how new they are), except for BO3, for Black Friday so I should be able to get a few... and should be able to grab a second controller for around $35 or $40, I believe. I'm excited. Best part of that is that as far as we can tell, those prices will be available online at 3am Thanksgiving morning so the wife won't have to come up to the store at all.

Games I was looking at the most were Madden '16, Destiny, Uncharted Collection, NHL '16, The Witcher III, Dying Light, and NBA 2k16, if I can convince the wife to let me splurge. Though honestly, I have 2k14 and 2k15 on the PC so that's probably the first to go if she puts a limit on me lol.Was thinking about grabbing GTA V but I'm not sure if anyone really plays that anymore. I'll admit, I'm more of a PC/keyboard&mouse guy when it comes to FPS games, but I've been playing the first BO on my pc with a controller and I'm slowly improving. Slowly. lol

Also, what sticky shows what games everyone has? Is it the one with the PSN IDs? And, does your PSN ID from your PS3 carry over to the PS4, or do I need to create it again? lol

signature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users