Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

Lucudus58 : (23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM)

I did that also

Lucudus58 : (23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM)

:bnb

NeoGP : (23 April 2017 - 07:52 PM)

anyone following TS changes, check the WOT general for info.

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 05:25 AM)

can someone send me another invite to the clan today Please

bergsteiger : (24 April 2017 - 12:42 PM)

Rough night last night. 1 for 6. Had to move on to WoWs, even though I did get to kill Grant ;)

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 04:23 PM)

pretty quiet in here

Lucudus58 : (24 April 2017 - 04:24 PM)

:gitrdone

joey791 : (24 April 2017 - 11:27 PM)

Welcome to the forums sgt. flint :)

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM)

Hey All......anyone out there from 2 years ago remember me?

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 PM)

just started playing WOT again and looking for a clan or group

bergsteiger : (25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM)

Crazy night. Got all my wins AFTER I quit tooning. Very unusual.

The_Dad : (25 April 2017 - 08:36 AM)

similar experience last night... all my wins were BEFORE I started platooning

NeoGP : (25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM)

Hey Flint!

xtc4 : (25 April 2017 - 11:28 AM)

With new mm, having good players at the top of the list seems to make a huge difference. And platooning seems to almost always put you at bottom of the list. So perhaps it makes sense that you good players are winning when playing solo.

joey791 : (25 April 2017 - 11:49 AM)

Welcome to the forums ToerryFutty :)

Archaic : (25 April 2017 - 11:14 PM)

Yes, platoons seem to be pretty gimped with 3-5-7

sgt. flint : (26 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Hey Neo, yes i remember you. any others from the old crew still running?

NeoGP : (26 April 2017 - 10:17 AM)

not sure man..I haven't played wot in 2+ years, alot of changes throughout the 5 clans

SGrant7 : (26 April 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Haven't been on much in the last few days, but are 2 man platoons fairing much better?

bergsteiger : (26 April 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Platooning doesn't seem as big of an issue as Tier 8s. Don't think I've had a single game that I was top tier in an VIII

Photo

Set raid groups: reshuffle or back to weekly signups?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Argnt Bstrd Ale

Argnt Bstrd Ale

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

OK dads, I have been playing destiny for around a year and really enjoy playing with our clan. But, with the latest assigned groups many of us no longer play together, and this is something I am missing.

I understand the positives of this: set groups learning and knowing the group roles and dynamics, achievable raids.

But in my opinion it causes: splintered clan, some not able to level. Which causes reduced playing or moving on to other games.

Tuesday night raids are difficult for me due to working 12 hour days through the week so when the raid starts at 10 or 11 est I ended up with 3 to 4 hours . so with set group which has a start time I am already out of the opportunity to play with everyone.

So I am wondering now that many have been raiding would we be willing to either reshuffle or (preferably) go back to the previous method of posting on the forums for raid nights which would allow for varying start times and all of us being able to mix and mingle and get chances to run the raids?

I have talked to a few dads and they seem receptive... Let me know.

May I squat down and share my bag of tea with you?

1038700.png

Users Awards

#2 Peepinvol

Peepinvol

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Real first name:Tom
  • PSN:Peepinvol

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

I am still a noob when it comes to raiding.  I really don't need to be in a group with the more experienced raiders because I would just slow them down.

I also have trouble making the 10pm est raid times due to work.  This Tues I am excited because Wednesday is a holiday so I am off.  That means I can stay up most of the night to finally complete the raid.

I can't be counted on to run the raid every week due to the late starts.  I will just fill in where I am needed.

I am open to different raid times.  Earlier ones for sure.  

#3 Archie Griffin (PS4)

Archie Griffin (PS4)

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

I remember when I used to raid several times a week, and in many of those raids, I didn't get any loot - I just went along to help guys get gear, and to hang out with the guys.  That's what I'd like to get back to.  I'm not as available these days, but that spirit, so to speak, seems to be gone.  POE put a dent in the group dynamic with its three person teams, but it shouldn't be hard to get it back now that we have another raid, and plenty of guys who need gear, quests, fragments, etc.  I think we should make it a priority to spread as much gear as possible among the dads, so we always have enough to raid, no matter what day it is.

#4 KILLERkpd

KILLERkpd

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

Send me friend request with dho in message. I will run raids, nightfalls, quests, whatever is needed. I work 12 to 13 hours shifts too but it is usually a 4 day week for me. I can usually do 2 to 3 hours after i get family settled during the week after work.

GT killerkpd
Xbox one

sent from my thumbs
XBOX GT: KILLERkpd
Send a FR and specify this forum so I do not ignore it.

#5 LordOfTheS1th

LordOfTheS1th

Sith Lord

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • Real first name:Carlos
  • Xbox:LordoftheSith
  • PSN:LordoftheS1th

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

We can still have signup posts for the days that you can play, like you did last Friday, I also have no problem jumping in and helping out.  All 3 of my toons are raid-ready and even if I didn't gain anything I'd still join in to help if needed.

By all means those raid groups are not meant to be "it", post up your raid signups the days you want them to happen.  With the whole "signups" thing in mind, I made a private group in the 100.io for us where we could post the days we can play and the activities we wanted to do those days (nightfalls, weekly, raid, etc) and other dads can see those and join in on the days they can also play.

https://www.the100.io/g/1950?r=28144

I know this yet another site to use, but it just makes it easier imho.  If you feel more comfortable posting here, go ahead!  Lets just get more of us playing together and having fun!!  Like Archie said and let's not leave anyone feeling left out, that's not what we are about.

Posted Image

Users Awards

#6 Azzkikkrr

Azzkikkrr

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Real first name:Dan
  • Xbox:Azzkikrr82
  • PSN:Azzkikkrr
  • Steam:Azzkikkrr

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

Agree with Lord. The goal was never to exclude, these were just the people that were chomping at the bit to raid with a steady group regularly once a week when TTK launched.

Many of us are there multiple nights a week, and myself included, willing to help others if already saved, or take a night off to let someone else get a run in.

By all means post a signup and I think it's a safe bet you'll be raiding every week you do.

Sent from my obsolete Dinklebot

Azzkikkrr.png

5394176399.png

#7 Peepinvol

Peepinvol

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

Speaking of raid signups...  Let's get one going for tomorrow night!  I got the day off Wed.

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Real first name:Luke
  • PSN:phoenix1362

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

So I was never a fan of the set groups, but I also have a slight problem.

I started my Tuesday game nights before I found DHO with Fba. Then he got his brother playing. Now my brother is playing. If I keep that group together every week I only have room for two. But I would like to get some more game time with those I don't get to run with as much.

I may check with Fba to see if he would mind if we mixed it up a bit and just make sure I stick with my brother.

All in all though I have tried to stick to raid signups for my group. We've ran several people through for their first time. I think we are already set for this week with my 4 and Hero and Nightstorm.

We don't have to stick to just Tuesdays but that is my only guaranteed start time.

I encourage everyone to post activities they would like to complete. Put a start time if you want to plan something specific or tell people you need help with a sword, or want to do a nightfall. I am on almost every night and like Archie said, I am more than happy to help people with whatever.

I was on last night and George was on! So I finished a mission and jumped into his Nightfall with him.

I agree with everyone that I miss some of the old days. Sure I want to do end game content as well, but I want us all to be more worried about having fun than getting flawless raider. Because I'll probably never get that one. :)

People who aren't raid ready, but want to run a raid. Let's put together some runs for old raids or let us help you get up to upper 280s to 290+ and run the new one. It's a lot of fun.
phoenix1362.png

Users Awards

#9 Peepinvol

Peepinvol

Squad Leader

• Squad Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

So I was never a fan of the set groups, but I also have a slight problem.

I started my Tuesday game nights before I found DHO with Fba. Then he got his brother playing. Now my brother is playing. If I keep that group together every week I only have room for two. But I would like to get some more game time with those I don't get to run with as much.

I may check with Fba to see if he would mind if we mixed it up a bit and just make sure I stick with my brother.

All in all though I have tried to stick to raid signups for my group. We've ran several people through for their first time. I think we are already set for this week with my 4 and Hero and Nightstorm.

We don't have to stick to just Tuesdays but that is my only guaranteed start time.

I encourage everyone to post activities they would like to complete. Put a start time if you want to plan something specific or tell people you need help with a sword, or want to do a nightfall. I am on almost every night and like Archie said, I am more than happy to help people with whatever.

I was on last night and George was on! So I finished a mission and jumped into his Nightfall with him.

I agree with everyone that I miss some of the old days. Sure I want to do end game content as well, but I want us all to be more worried about having fun than getting flawless raider. Because I'll probably never get that one. :)

People who aren't raid ready, but want to run a raid. Let's put together some runs for old raids or let us help you get up to upper 280s to 290+ and run the new one. It's a lot of fun.

Bummer.  I was hoping to get in this week.  

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Real first name:Luke
  • PSN:phoenix1362

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

Bummer.  I was hoping to get in this week.

Sorry man, maybe the other group will let you rotate into their regular schedule.
phoenix1362.png

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users