What do you want to know?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Russian DDs are REALLY good at quick capping locations at the beginning of battles. Hard hitting guns, short range torpedoes with a quick reload: you are an "anti-destroyer" DD. With the slow turn

Question for IJN CV captains....I just unlocked the Ryujo and was wondering which plane loadout would be more useful in a battle....the stock option of 1-1-2....the fighter option of 3-1-1...or the strike option of 1-2-2?  Any advice would be appreciated

It seems that the strike option is the more common selection for Japanese carriers - their fighters can't face an American running anti-air so better to place all the chips on something that does work!

I have only played American Carriers so far, as I dislike the "feel" of the Japanese carrier game thus far.  If I see a IJN carrier of same tier running fighters, I smile; lots of air kills for me!

Interesting, would keep that in mind...I find that in most tier 6 games, the IJN dive and torpedo bombers have low survivability even against ship AA. Which means that unless you group up to attack, you arent going to accomplish much, even still I've played both nations and while I love the air supremacy of the American carriers, the IJN seem to be more fun to play 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a DD guy, so here goes my rant...

The IJN DDs primary strength is the range of the torpedoes. Acceleration seems like a good choice, EXCEPT for the fact that it screws with the torp range (-20%). So, for instance, if you put it on the Mutsuki, your max torp range goes from 10k to 8k for only a 5 knot increase in speed. Not a fair trade for tiers 6-8. But with that being said, the only DDs that i would consider adding this too would be the Kag or Shim on their 20k torps. That would give them a 72 knot speed and still leave them with a range of 16k.

...as far as the superintendent. Like the Franks Red Hot lady says "i put that sh!t on everything". In my honest opinion, I think Superintendent is the most universally useful captain perk in the game. All ships benefit from it (soon even CVs will too with their new AA burn). It gives you an extra charge of all of your consumables. So for DDs that means an extra smoke and an extra engine boost.

Bottom line, IJN DDs rely on torp range and concealment. Acceleration reduces torp range (not good for tiers 6-8, ok for 9-10), but Superintendent adds to your concealment with extra smoke (good for all tiers).

Where can I get a cool signature for WOS?  I built this one. Ugly actually..........  Also Dumb question!  When u get a premium day it seems to be just 24 hours from when it starts and not 24 hours of play time. Is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...