What do you want to know?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Russian DDs are REALLY good at quick capping locations at the beginning of battles. Hard hitting guns, short range torpedoes with a quick reload: you are an "anti-destroyer" DD. With the slow turn

I think you mean the Russian DD's. I have not yet played them, other then the test ship we got a few weeks ago. They have good hitting guns, just slow turning. The torps that you have are completely useless with there 3km range. When I get around to playing them, don't see that happening soon though, I will be playing them like American DD's, staying at range and only using my guns. Strategic use of smoke for gunnery in open water/ambush attacks. Do not go after ships intending to use your torps, you have to get so close to fire them that by that time, you are going to be all sorts of messed up if not dead. I have killed quite a few Russian DD's who tried to do that. I would use the torps as last minute ship defence at close range, area denial (most players won't realize who fired the torps and will just assume they are Japanese 10km torps and run away.), and if you are feeling REALLY brake you can play the ambush DD's role. Island screening and prime use of smoke become key here. Normally, I say use the islands to screen you and after you have dumped torps drop your smoke and run like you never have before. Don't stick around to finish ships off, fire and run and trust that other ships will finish off wounded ships that you have left in the water.

The Russian DDs are REALLY good at quick capping locations at the beginning of battles. Hard hitting guns, short range torpedoes with a quick reload: you are an "anti-destroyer" DD. With the slow turning guns, focus on turning your ship to aim, not so much turning the guns. It will actually make it harder for enemy DDs to hit you because you are always turning.

Something I like to do with my russian DDs: I'll watch a friendly DD pop smoke. I'll approach the smoke so that the enemy can't see me and go inside the cover. Just as the smoke begins to lift and the other DD leaves, I'll pop my smoke. The enemy will see the other DD leave the area and not realize there is a second DD (me) sitting in the same spot. I've gotten a lot of close torp kills doing that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The "P" botton turns it on and off.  If ti is off a little icon will appear next to your HE ammunition icon.  If it is on, no icon will appear.  At low tiers it is possible you have AA "on" but there is no AA on that particular boat!