joey791

It can only happen to Joey

Well I hope a few people around here have noticed I have been missing, Damian and Dan have done a great job on the site change :tongue

It seems that my wife has been cheating on me again and also I changed jobs again so I have not been around. Put a GPS tracker in her truck to find out she was lying about where she was going, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until July, believe its been going on since February, visited a lawyer then to start proceedings and had court today. We have a "covenant marriage" so we have to be seperated for like a year before we can get divorced. The day she was served she packed up half the house and left, then she came back and won't leave, and now wants the house that my parent's live next door to. We don't really have any equity in the house so it's worth nothing but she wants it because I want it. Anyway supposedly her lawyer asked for a continuance today because he couldn't be in court because of another case but that case was cancelled and he still got the continuance. Even though I started the paperwork for a divorce in July my trial date got moved to Dec. 2nd, that is when the judge will say who gets to stay in the house and our seperation can officially start. She has a second cell phone and goes out all the time, while still living with me even though I filed for divorce. :mad

Damn Joey I feel for you buddy. I've been there as you know. You have my support. There's no way she should have got a continuance in my mind! If you need to vent or just get away you know who to call.

Sent like Pitts after a Bean Burrito

Ouch, sorry man.  It's an ugly situation indeed, but at least the ball is in motion to get to a better place rather than living with lies and deceit.  Keep your head up!

Did you file for the divorce first?  That will save you money.  Can you prove she cheated on you?  If you can prove that she was unfaithful, or if you get her to just admit it, you don't have to do the year separation.  You just have to do 6 months, or possibly less.  You also don't have to stay in the house to get it.  You can leave if you want to and/or able.  The equity is what is divided up.  So if you stay in the house, you will have to pay her half of what would be left on the house after it is paid off.  So say your house is worth $120,000, but you have $115,000 left to pay, you would have to pay her $2,500, or vice versa if she did get the house.

Remember your boys in all this.  Don't talk ugly about her or anything like that.  She is still their mother, and you have to show them respect for that.  This has to be between the two of you, and not dragging them into the middle of this.  But you just want to make sure that they are still provided for, and know what is going on.  Luckily your kids are old enough to make their own choices.  I know we talked about that, and while you might not agree with them, you have to just respect their decision and do what is best for you.  It's like disagreeing with someone in politics.  You will probably never understand why they have the opinion they do, but you have to respect that it is their opinion to have and keep.

Good luck with it all man.  I know work has been hell for you.  Call if you ever need anything of course.

Ah shiz bro, that just a kick in the balls, finding out your wife is cheating on you. Hang in there man, and hope for the best in your situation.

Update, at 1:30pm I had to call the cops last nite, got into an arguement and pretty much sprayed Frebreeze all over me in the bed, turned on all lights, radios, etc. Went in living room she then sprayed 2 full cans in living room(passing over me several times) beating on pots and pans, slamming doors, turning on all the lights, etc. etc. Cop told me as long as she doesn't hit me she can do whatever she wants so it looks like I'm living at my parent's next door until my trial date Dec. 2nd so I may be disappearing once again.

Sounds to me like thats you best bet, and safest bet !!! good on you for calling the cops, no disrespect meant towards your wife, but that is not normal behavior, did the cops think drugs or maybe mental issues ??

I don't man, i have no idea how i would handle something like that, sorry your going through this !!!