Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

bergsteiger : (20 May 2017 - 02:06 PM)

Thanks for the toon last night Tempus and golfcrazy. Lot of fun!

Villid : (20 May 2017 - 04:00 PM)

Anyone ever have their wife tell them to not let the kids wreck one particular thing, and thats the one thing the kids go out of their way to wreck???

PrometheusEDI : (20 May 2017 - 04:07 PM)

yes sir. happens almost daily around here

joey791 : (20 May 2017 - 09:14 PM)

Welcome to the forums Xakkalikov :)

Xakkalikov : (20 May 2017 - 09:14 PM)

bergsteiger : (21 May 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Some great toons yesterday--Xperiment, Roguewar, Nieve, xtc, and Geek Verve!

joey791 : (21 May 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Welcome to the forums Dented :)

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:40 PM)

Welcome Xakkalikov and Dented. Glad to have you both on board. The SWGoH section is down towards the bottom and we have our own Discord server too. discord.me/dho

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:46 PM)

and that discord link is for anyone else who wants to join. :) Would love to have more Dads on there to liven the place up.

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM)

It's mobile friendly, has a website version and a PC program so it's easy to get to

Xakkalikov : (22 May 2017 - 03:52 PM)

Looking at it now xJedi- thanks!

xJediDadx : (22 May 2017 - 04:03 PM)

Welcome. I just replied back to your PM so you should be good to go now for discord

Nismo2016 : (23 May 2017 - 08:50 AM)

RIP Sir Roger Moore...

Bubba187 : (23 May 2017 - 09:29 AM)

what?

Bubba187 : (23 May 2017 - 09:30 AM)

noooooo

xJediDadx : (23 May 2017 - 11:25 AM)

Lost to cancer

xJediDadx : (23 May 2017 - 11:25 AM)

he was 89 though

xtc4 : (23 May 2017 - 03:42 PM)

So WG put out a statement that seems to put the SirFoch brouhaha to rest: http://forum.worldof...#entry11007272. It's fine, but the only reason that the controversy had legs is because of the underlying tank-balance problems and the pay-to-win direction of the game.

Archaic : (23 May 2017 - 06:38 PM)

well, threatening the livelihood of your main source of advertising probably contributed a little also. But yeah, the premiums are getting silly.

joey791 : (23 May 2017 - 09:28 PM)

Welcome to the forums Beanakin :)

Photo

So I'm tempted for the holidays but..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyDaze

CrazyDaze

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Real first name:Chad
  • Xbox:CrazyDaze
  • PSN:CrazyDaze71
  • Steam:CrazyDaze

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

So I'm tempted for the holidays but​ I'm curious about the games in the deal and about storage options. First off the deal is Xbone 500GB model with new controller, the one with 3.5 connection, and two games Gears Ultimate and Taken King Legendary.

http://www.amazon.co..._dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

First off I know I like Destiny but get the feeling most will have moved on by the time I can actually open this on XMAS but the real question is Gears. I read that Aftr loved it, the remade original, but how do the 360 versions play out on XBone? The second part of my issue is the storage. I read you can connect a 3.0 USB drive and it works as good, possibly better, than the internal; Is this true?

It's basically buying the XBone at cost but getting two games that won't be worth much come XMAS. I'm sure there'll be black Friday deals and such but I'm not waiting in lines nor will I be playing the refresh my web page game to get those deals online which brings another question of is this worth it or should I maybe play the waiting game a bit more?

1047968.png

Users Awards

#2 Keltic

Keltic

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox:o KELTIC o
  • PSN:oKELTICo

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:31 AM

Gears remake is fantastic and I reckon its a game with plenty of life in it. Taken King is OK, I have it on ps4 and jump in and out as suites me. I've played some 360 games on the one and they play well, if anything mass effect plays better . By mid Nov everyone should be able to play 360 games on their xb1 and the MP in these games is playable as well.
I've heard the same as you about hard drive and sometime down the road I want to pick up a solid state drive but that can wait for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

823314.png

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"… Albert Einstein

Users Awards

#3 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,763 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, I agree with Keltic.  And while I personally have just a 500gb external drive on mine, it works flawlessly.  I can't tell the difference between what is on the internal, and what's on the external, so if I ever do need more memory, a cheap external USB 3.0 one will do just fine.

Gears and Taken are great. How much is that deal?  Dell, on Black Friday, will have the 500gb Xbox One with Gears, extra controller, and Fallout 4 for $399.  Not sure if Fallout 4 is something you would like more than Taken King.  But hey, at least we all have a choice.  I'm sure other bundles will become available as we approach Christmas.  I'm looking for one for my son, and since I have Gears and am getting Fallout 4, I would really like to see one with Tomb Raider or something.

8030.png

Users Awards

#4 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox:schnibbs5

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

I have a 2 TB external HD attached to my Xbox One and it works great.  I can't tell the difference between using the external and the internal HDs.  

The Taken King I think will have more longevity than Gears UE, although I'm a big fan of both.  Destiny and Halo 5 will be taking most of my time from Gears PvP, although I'd gladly jump on some more if other were playing it.  

I really think the 1 TB internal drive would be the way I'd go if I was getting my first XBO.  I don't remember all the recently announced bundles (a TON were announced).  I'm with Aftr, and I might check the Black Friday deals if this is something that will be a Christmas "gift".  

Posted Image

#5 CrazyDaze

CrazyDaze

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Real first name:Chad
  • Xbox:CrazyDaze
  • PSN:CrazyDaze71
  • Steam:CrazyDaze

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

The deal is $350 whereas the others are $399+. I did read about the Dell deal but again that unfortunately is going to be one of those where you're going to keep having to refresh the webpage and hope that even if it takes your order it isn't after they ran out of inventory to fill those orders. I've been thinking I will hold off a bit longer to see what pops up. It seems like MS is either packaging many extras or fingers crossed will just drop the price even lower to unload the older consoles with the 500GB drives. I'm really only after the console at this point for exclusives so I'm not terribly concerned with storage space. My main gaming console will be PS4.

1047968.png

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users