Sign in to follow this  
xBlueshirts102x

Thinking of getting Wii U for the family, but.........

I have a few questions/concerns

I see every system is only 32gb......I sure hope there's a way to extend that, as 32gb is very minuscule....unless the games don't install & the only thing that saves is blocks for the save. 

I'll assume this is the case as well. Is Wii U a pain in the bum to play vs friends in other states, etc like the Wii & 3DS are or did they improve that? 

Are the quality of the games good enough to even bother getting this forChristmas as the family console? 

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance

You can add an sd card. And games dont install. Same friend system as the wii and 3ds. Games are decent but typically nintendo. Smash bros. Zelda. Racing etc. Usual fair.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I was told at Best Buy today to spend my $$ wisely and buy another X1 or PS4 lol

Been a while since we bought our Wii (non-U), but I'm guessing the X1 or PS4 are more expensive. BB makes a bigger sale. BB employees are typically incapable of seeing anything from any perspective but their own.

Our Wii doesn't get much use these days, but it did when we bought it. From the young child friendly games to the fitness stuff, there is a lot to do with it. You have to kind of view it as more of a "family game night" type game, whereas XB1 and PS4 are more high end gaming consoles. I guess it all comes down to what you want it for - casual (but typically fun) family games or more compelling gamer experience.

I think the Wii is great for what it is. If that's what you're looking for, you won't be disappointed.

We upgraded to a WiiU last Christmas and the kids play it more then the Wii we had.  The gamepad alone is probably the best feature since they can play on it while we watch TV still.  The games are great, they ahve a few more family oriented games as well.  Wii Party U, NintendoLand, new version of Wii Sports.

You can still play your old Wii games on the console.  When you do the system will revert back to the Wii system menu to play the game.

And yea, do't listen to the people at BB. They claim to know gaming but they really don't.  Go ask questions at Gamestop, that's what I did and the store manager just raved about it and that's when I got mine.  We did spend a little extra money right off the bat to get new Wii-motes since it was a new system.  Ours came with one, so we got 3 extras (Mario, Luigi and Peach) and two GamePad Pro controllers (the SNES type controllers)  It's easier to play Mario games on one of those then the Wii-motes I think.

Yeah, Wii U is great for family/Mario type games.  i don't worry at all when my kids play on it, and they can be entertained for months on just one game.  I can't say the same for anything on my XB1 or PS4, and would be looking over their shoulder while on those.

Is it a techniacl powerhouse or gaming marvel?  No, not by any means.  But it does good family type games. 

I heard the new Nintendo is going to be released in March of next year.  So regardless, I would wait on a Wii U to see a price drop, or what the new console will be.  Early speculation is a whole new brand of cross platforming between mobile devices and consoles.