Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

Finnegan_gro... : (10 July 2017 - 02:12 PM)

In Open Mic, anyone who wants to can take turns calling ... but you don't have to. Legionnaires welcome.

Talisker : (10 July 2017 - 07:12 PM)

See you there Finnegan!

joey791 : (10 July 2017 - 10:05 PM)

Welcome to the forums ArchLobster :)

Adventurous1 : (11 July 2017 - 10:35 PM)

Evening dads and tankers

Spidermang84 : (12 July 2017 - 01:55 PM)

What's up everyone? Haven't logged in for quite some time.

xJediDadx : (12 July 2017 - 02:57 PM)

Hey Spider

SGrant7 : (13 July 2017 - 03:00 PM)

Any Total War fans out there? Humble is having a huge Total War Bundle Sale this weekend... https://www.humblebu...al-war-weekend/

Vikinger : (13 July 2017 - 03:38 PM)

Love TW! Have most of them... I suggest Medieval 2 ($5 is worth every penny)... my personal Fav. You can get all kinds of cool mods for Med2, including Skyrim, Game of Thrones and Middle Earth.

SGrant7 : (14 July 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Ohhhh... Middle Earth would be pretty awesome!

Vikinger : (14 July 2017 - 08:37 AM)

Although not related to a book or movie, the Stainless Steel mod is pretty EPIC too.

T34pzric : (14 July 2017 - 09:59 AM)

Posted Image :bnb

bergsteiger : (14 July 2017 - 11:45 AM)

Love Med 2. Play it all the time.

Villid : (15 July 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Villid : (15 July 2017 - 03:44 PM)

Well I didnt expect it to do that

joey791 : (15 July 2017 - 10:31 PM)

Welcome to the forums Timmer :)

joey791 : (16 July 2017 - 01:55 AM)

Welcome to the forums Cameron321 :)

joey791 : (16 July 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Welcome to the forums bumper02 :)

joey791 : (19 July 2017 - 02:43 AM)

Welcome to the forums edwindundee :)

xtc4 : (19 July 2017 - 11:34 AM)

Holy Cow! Started grinding the Mauschen, and it is stupidly good. Seems like it is going to be one of my best tanks.

joey791 : (22 July 2017 - 10:43 AM)

Welcome to the forums Toosday :)

Photo

Battlefront Beta Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

Just wanted to get a thread started on what everyone thinks of the Beta so we don't have multiple threads going on the same subject.  I'll post my thoughts later today.  I played about 3 hours last night.

1095437.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.me/dho

Users Awards

#2 Mr Linford

Mr Linford

Technical Support Analyst by Day, Gamer by Night

• Assassin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Real first name:Craig
  • Xbox:Mr Linford
  • Steam:Mr Linford
  • WoT ID:clinford86 (EU) MrLinford (NA)

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

I played about 3 matches, once i got in. On the PC.

Initial thoughts are good, its just a Star Wars battlefield.

Will be getting some more time on this over the weekend as I'm out playing some table top D&D tonight!

MrLinford.png signature.png

Husband, Father and lover of technology.

Users Awards

#3 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,775 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

I had fun.  This game was real pretty.  I did feel that people who put in more time with the game had a significant advantage over the new people just coming online though.  From gear and weapons, to even shields.  It kinda sucks only two game modes are available.  The actual game is going to have much more as you can see from the grayed out types.  The AT-AT assault was a blast.  I got the AT-AT once and I absolutely loved it.  The sounds are spot on too.  

We did have a problem getting everyone into one game too.  Now, at the top of the screen when you load up, there is a bar with everyone on your friend's list avatar.  You highlight this, and hit "X" on PS, or "A" on Xbox.  This will take you to an in-screen profile of the person, and you should see "join game".  If you go to the dashboard view of their profile, and choose "join game", you get stuck in an infinite loop of being in the queue.  So don't do that.  It sucks you can only have 1 partner too.  I guess this is for the single player game mode where you can do it alone, or with a friend.  I never tried it out last night though.  

I did play the "pods" game type some last night, but that got repetitive fast.  That was alike a CTF, where the point moves after you capture one.  And you have to hold "square" on PS, or "X" on Xbox, to capture the point.  Then defend it.  Not terrible, but not as fun as the Walker Assault.  This was more like the Rush gametype from Battlefield, and I had a blast with it.

So far I unlocked the thermal detonator, and this sniper rifle.  Then you have to equip them in your hand.  They are infinite use, but have to recharge after each use.  So pretty handy.  I saw people with jump packs last night, and that seemed pretty cool.  Definitely looking forward to getting some more time in though.  It is a very fun game.

8030.png

Users Awards

#4 Tarantulas14

Tarantulas14

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox:TARANTULAS 14

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

played the Hoth battle one a couple of times had a ton of fun on it especially playing on the imperial side. Probably because I could get 30+ kills with all the different vehicle's at the empire disposal compared to the rebel side.

877173.png

Users Awards

#5 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox:schnibbs5

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

I got on later last night and jumped in survival mode just to get the controls down.  The graphics are beautiful.  I went through the capped 5 waves a couple of times and then tried to jump in PvP.  I couldn't get into a match on Xbox Live.  It would either just nang while loading, or I'd get a server connection error.

I liked what I played in survival.  The games is really smooth at 60 fps and the controls feel really good.  I can't say how much I love mobility perks like jet packs, etc.  

Aftr, what platform are you playing on?

Posted Image

#6 nightstorm56

nightstorm56

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts
  • Real first name:Val
  • Xbox:nightstorm56
  • PSN:nightstorm56
  • Steam:nightstorm56
  • WoT ID:nightstorm56

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

I played on PC last night. I'm not sure how I feel about the game, in terms of how the beta functions. I probably won't be buying it, but I'll be giving the beta another shot tonight, probably on the PS4.

r1x26s.gif
nightstorm56.pngnightstorm56.png
Hi, I'm Val!

Users Awards

#7 xJediDadx

xJediDadx

MTFBWY

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • Real first name:Chris
  • PSN:xJediDadx
  • Steam:xjedidadx

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

I mostly played the Escape Pod last night just to get the feel of things. Played there for about 2 and a half hours.  It's 8 v 8.  I made it to level 4. I tried the AT-AT Assault once last night before I got off and it seemed like a lot more fun then the Escape Pod mode.

The only thing that pissed me off and I hope they make some sort of change on is the complete randomness of re-spawning.  More then several times last night I would re-spawn only to die again as soon as I popped back in.  The Partner Spawn is nice as long as whoever you spawn in on isn't getting wasted at the time.

I'll be getting back on again tonight and definitely want to try it out with some friends rather then random people.  I think it'd be more fun that way.

1095437.png

"Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. Take your pick"

"Evil will always triumph because Good is Dumb"

Daddy of Twinz!

DHO Discord ~ https://discord.me/dho

Users Awards

#8 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,775 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:19 PM

I was on PS4, but I downloaded it on my Xbox too.  Are you playing tonight?  I'll hop on that one tonight to get some games in with the Xbox dads.

8030.png

Users Awards

#9 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox:schnibbs5

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

Tonight is sketchy for me.  If I'm on, it will most likely be later.  

Regarding the spawning, that aspect seems very similar to Battlefield, which makes sense since Dice developed this game.  If you ever have played Battlefield and spawn on teammates, you run the risk of spawning in while your team is getting obliterated.  The difference is, in this game, it's worse because in Battlefield you had a squad of up to 5 guys to spawn in on.  From what I've heard about this game, you just have a "partner".  I think spawning should be something they look at pretty hard and make it better before release.

Posted Image

#10 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,775 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

Alright.  I'll probably just stick to PS4 for tonight then.

Yeah, I wish you had a squad.  Also, in BF, you had a small screen that showed you what the teammate was doing that you were about to spawn in on.  So if they were knee deep in sh*t, then I would choose a different one.  Would be nice if they had that option in this, or at least a squad of four people or so.  Must have something to do with that survival mode since that is only 2 people.

8030.png

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users