Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

joey791 : (24 April 2017 - 11:27 PM)

Welcome to the forums sgt. flint :)

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM)

Hey All......anyone out there from 2 years ago remember me?

sgt. flint : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 PM)

just started playing WOT again and looking for a clan or group

bergsteiger : (25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM)

Crazy night. Got all my wins AFTER I quit tooning. Very unusual.

The_Dad : (25 April 2017 - 08:36 AM)

similar experience last night... all my wins were BEFORE I started platooning

NeoGP : (25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM)

Hey Flint!

xtc4 : (25 April 2017 - 11:28 AM)

With new mm, having good players at the top of the list seems to make a huge difference. And platooning seems to almost always put you at bottom of the list. So perhaps it makes sense that you good players are winning when playing solo.

Archaic : (25 April 2017 - 11:14 PM)

Yes, platoons seem to be pretty gimped with 3-5-7

sgt. flint : (26 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Hey Neo, yes i remember you. any others from the old crew still running?

NeoGP : (26 April 2017 - 10:17 AM)

not sure man..I haven't played wot in 2+ years, alot of changes throughout the 5 clans

SGrant7 : (26 April 2017 - 12:05 PM)

Haven't been on much in the last few days, but are 2 man platoons fairing much better?

bergsteiger : (26 April 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Platooning doesn't seem as big of an issue as Tier 8s. Don't think I've had a single game that I was top tier in an VIII

joey791 : (27 April 2017 - 04:13 PM)

Welcome to the forums Old_Fart_63 :)

Old_Fart_63 : (27 April 2017 - 04:27 PM)

Heading back to the front, I'll check in later

PastorGordon : (27 April 2017 - 11:12 PM)

Check out the Buy, Sell, Trade forums... Dad's Hideout T-Shirts available now for a short time!

SGrant7 : (28 April 2017 - 07:43 AM)

Happy Friday Dads!

bergsteiger : (28 April 2017 - 09:05 AM)

Friday indeed!

Talisker : (28 April 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Friday :bnb

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:04 PM)

I've done two rooms in my home with bamboo and it worked great, Just remember to leave that space for swelling of flooring. Can't really add anything to what has already been said.

Old_Fart_63 : (28 April 2017 - 05:05 PM)

The new laminate flooring "No nails" is a big change in flooring and it looks beautiful

Photo

Gears of War UE first impressions

Gears of War dudebro

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

Alright, alright, alright

• Administrators
  • 14,761 posts
  • Real first name:Damian
  • Xbox:Aftrthought051
  • PSN:Aftrthought051
  • Steam:Aftrthought051

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

WOW!!!  I mean it.  WOW!!!  This game is so freaking beautiful, and I was blown away back when I played the first Gears of War on the Xbox 360.  I thought, "this game is gorgeous.  Look at these graphics.  This is sex in a box."  And now,,,well, it gets even better.  This game is even prettier than the 360 by a long shot.  And not just some simple up-res either.  There are SO many added animations in the cutscenes, it is crazy. Every cutscene so far has added in animations and scenes, and they are noticeable if you are a fan of the series.  It's a great homage to this game.

They did it right this time.  As Magma and I are playing through the campaign together, he is Dom.  Because the achievement has been "play as Dom through the entire co-op campaign".  Well now you just need to have someone play as Dom and you BOTH get the achievements.  That's a pretty sweet deal.

They updated more than just the graphics.  While we have only done co-op campaign together, I have noticed that there are 10 slots to invite your friends into the game.  That means the multiplayer here is 5v5 like Gears 2 & 3, not just 4v4 like the original Gears.  That's awesome that we can get more dads in to play together.  I also don't know if they have bots that you can sub in, but I'm thinking they probably do since the mp seems to be like Gears 2 & 3.

COG tags are more than just a collectible.  The COG tags actually unlock the Gears of War comic books for you to read.  This is awesome.  Especially since Magma and I have no problem remembering where all the old COG tags are.  Like I told Magma though, Gears was my first love fest.  I played Gears before I was connected to LIVE and I must have beat the campaign 10 times or more.  I just played it over and over because I loved the game so much, and I couldn't really do anything else.  So I have the COG tags down.  You can get up to 5 comic books unlocked.  You have to find all the COG tags in an act to get a comic book unlocked, and Gears of War has 5 acts.

So that is my first impressions.  Like I said, we just played the first act and took down the Beserker ('My Love for you is like a Truck' achievement unlocked and singing the Beserker song commenced).  We had a blast.  This game holds up very well.  I haven't been around the internet to see what others are saying, but as a Gears fanboy, I am loving every minute of this.  I can not wait to play again tonight.  I can't wait to take down General Raam.  And I can't wait to play some mp with my fellow dads.

:gnash :gnash :gnash

8030.png

Users Awards

#2 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts
  • Real first name:Dan
  • Xbox:MagmaFlow
  • PSN:MagmaFlow
  • Steam:MagmaFlow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

I can confirm this. We had some fun playing co-op. Even started it on Insane.

Users Awards

#3 HuddledTerror

HuddledTerror

Assassin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Xbox:HuddledTerror
  • Steam:HuddledTerror

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

I was debating getting this one, but now with both of your expertise and critique I have no choice!  :lol

Users Awards

#4 schnibbs5

schnibbs5

Forum Enforcer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox:schnibbs5

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Played some TDM and King of the Hill last night.  Gameplay was silky smooth at 60 fps.  It looks beautiful.  The gnasher seems hit or miss sometimes, but it's still a ton of fun.

As far as the 10 player slots are concerned, the party I was playing with talked about this and one of them said they thought the two additional slots were spectator slots.  I can neither confirm nor deny this claim, though.

Posted Image

#5 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,761 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Aw man, I hope that's not the case.  That would be dumb to have.

8030.png

Users Awards

#6 Tarantulas14

Tarantulas14

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox:TARANTULAS 14

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

I have been having fun playing the MP. Some games I can kill three people sitting in the ring on king of the hill, then other matches I put in six shots with the gnasher and nothing but it is fun.

877173.png

Users Awards

#7 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts
  • Steam:MagmaFlow

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

That sounds like Gears. lol

I always find that if I just go into a match solo I seem to have a better connection and my weapons work better. If I'm teamed up it's really hit or miss.

Users Awards

#8 Aftrthought051

Aftrthought051

• Administrators
  • 14,761 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

So MP is only 4v4.  That sucks.  Why have 10 invite spots?  Never played a private game, but I've only played social games so far and no bots.  Kinda sucks because you are left waiting for people to join until the match will finally start.  Then people leave mid-game too still, but people join mid-game.  So it's like "why do we have to wait for at least 6 people to start a game?"

Finished the 3rd act last night with Magma.  We are consistent with an Act a night, but we missed a COG tag.  OH NO!!  I have lost my touch.  Gotta watch some Gears videos today and find out where we missed that tag.

The first comic book sucked, but the second comic book was really good.  I enjoyed it a lot more.  I hope the rest are like that second one.

8030.png

Users Awards

#9 Pinmonkey001

Pinmonkey001

God-Like

• Administrators
  • 4,405 posts
  • Real first name:Mark
  • Xbox:pinmonkey001
  • WoT ID:pinmonkey001

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

I hope to get it before the end of the year and hope someone is willing to coop it with me.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

pinmonkey001.jpg
signature.png

Users Awards

#10 MagmaFlow

MagmaFlow

Around...sometimes

• Administrators
  • 4,272 posts