Sign in to follow this  
NeoGP

Fallout 4

Wasn't prepared for this kind of exploration and customizing in this game. My gaming time has taken a hit recently and at this point I may never finish the story mission in this game as I always get sidetracked on some random place/event as I walk by. Dang you Bethesda!

well crafting for me is making all the different attachments for the weapons. for example - all I kept getting was a short hunting rifle - so I made a longer barrel, full stock, and medium scope and I have a full blown sniper rifle. very satisfying seeing the difference in how the guns act with different mods on them. I haven't really gotten into settlements yet, just enough to close out any quests that have asked me to do it but that's it.

Yep, customizing is the way to go. One piece of advice to those new to the series, it helps to just focus on 2-3 types of weapon/ammo.  That way you can sell the other types to buy more of the ones you need. I usually role with a rifle of some kind for long range, 10MM for mid, and a shotgun for close.  Obviously your tastes will vary, and that doesn't take any of the melee, explosives, or energy weapons into consideration, so feel free to mix and match.

I also keep a minigun and/or Fatboy back in my stash for those special enemies/missions when you need a bit more punch (Radscorpions or Deathclaws).  Keeping those locked up means you aren't overburdened to carry other things, and they are always just a Fast Travel away.

Similarly, it's nice to be able to hack every computer, sneak past/steal from every NPC, pick every lock, make every gun, etc. but again, try to pick 2-3 "skills" to invest in for the long term and get those maxed.  Spreading things around seems like a great idea at first, and it's good to try things out to see what you like, but eventually you are going to hit a wall and usually the last level of a skill/perk gives you a really good bonus.

Are you allowed to respec at all in the game?

everything I have read says no. Although that would be awesome I think it would be against the "Bethesda" model (even skyrim didn't have it if I recall correctly). I am currently playing mine as the "brotherhood of steel" all rifles Rambo style character. I am ready to start playing stealth/thief/sniper combo on my next character (just want to at least finish the story first).

everything I have read says no. Although that would be awesome I think it would be against the "Bethesda" model (even skyrim didn't have it if I recall correctly). I am currently playing mine as the "brotherhood of steel" all rifles Rambo style character. I am ready to start playing stealth/thief/sniper combo on my next character (just want to at least finish the story first).

He lives!

He lives!

haha yeah, been having a rough couple of days at work/early winter cold. I have been putting me and the kid to bed at the same time. Actually caught myself sleeping in his bed last night, failed to even get to my own bed.

haha yeah, been having a rough couple of days at work/early winter cold. I have been putting me and the kid to bed at the same time. Actually caught myself sleeping in his bed last night, failed to even get to my own bed.

Ahhh.. Well hope you start feeling better.