Sign in to follow this  
NeoGP

Fallout 4

I was going to play for a little bit after our KF raid last night (I said about 5 minutes...yeah, that was a little inaccurate) which got done at around 11:45, ended up going to bed at about 2AM. :lol

Ha!  I'm still playing Assassin's Creed.  Look, if you just do the main story, EVERY game is short, especially an open world game.  Somebody beat Skyrim in just 13 hours, so is that a short game?

You don't need to play previous versions of this game, it is its' own story.  I was happy with the game itself, but then I hit Sanctuary, and I do NOT like it.  It is trying to be Fallcraft.  You have to build generators and houses, and plant food, and manage water.  Basically that stupid Fallout Shelter app, but more detailed.  Now, I have been told time and again that I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.  But what am I going to miss out on?  As it is I have a quest to complete to build 5 shelters, beds, defenses, food, and water for everyone.  So that is missed XP.  What will be the next quest for this?  Will I miss out on missions from people and possible weapons?  But people wonder how I could like Metal Gear.  Their base building wasn't that detailed.  Many places give you space that you just upgrade.  I enjoy this.  What I don't want to do is build my own town from the ground up with this amount of detail.  I think it is trying to give meaning to all the crap you can pick up in this game.  Pick up some coffee mugs, those will give you ceramic raw material to build.  Pick up a coffee pot, get some glass and steel.  I just don't care for this.  I have put it back down and will focus on wrapping up Assassin's Creed.  I have around 30 hours into that and am 70% complete.  But you know, according to Val, that is a short game.  I will probably try to play Fallout again and just focus on quests, but I am weary with this stupid town building crap.  It is not for me.

I have time for about 1 game.  I can play 3 or 4 a little or I can really play 1.  

I moved from ESO to Destiny recently.  I am getting Star Wars Battlefronts next week.  I skipped on getting the new black ops.

I may just skip Fallout.

Having never played any of the prior fallouts this game is a complete time suck.. 20 hours in and I have only completed 6 missions.. I am always screwing around in my town or exploring the wasteland..

I wish I had about 3 days to do nothing but play this.. Uggh real world

So about the crafting, this reminds me of the crafting interface from rust. Even the gameplay/scrapping and grabbing materials and resources.. I enjoyed that aspect of rust immensely.

Once you get through liberating each of the towns you can pretty much ignore the settlement building all together. However you sti need to scrap and collect stuff in order to mod weapons and gear.

You need to look at the base building in this like Gwent in Witcher.  Will you "miss out" on stuff by not doing it?  Maybe.  Will it be major/necessary stuff?  Probably not.

After about 15 hours I have only "built" my base through the tutorial parts, so half a dozen beds, 3 water pumps, 10 plants, and 2 turrets.  based on the tutorial notes, if you have the same or higher score for your Defense as your Food score you should be fine.  I haven't done anything else and even scrapped most of the stuff and old building lying around, and still no attacks or anything bad from ignoring it.

Buddy of mine loves the base building and has like 6 of them going.  He also hasn't been attacked or had anything bad happen yet.  Other than having more/closer vendors to sell stuff to, he hasn't really seen a benefit either.  He just likes the customization aspect, and I think that's the main thing here.  They tested the waters with it in the Skyrim expansion, this is just expanding on it.

Fallout in the past, along with the other big Bethesda games, have been about customization and making your own story, or playing the game story in your way. I'm ignoring the base building for now in favor of exploring and making things explode in slow motion.  I might try it again later, but for now the "real" Fallout experience is more than keeping me entertained.  Now excuse me while I get my second cup of coffee after being up WAY too late killing robots and raiders. lol

...But you know, according to Val, that is a short game...

f_1a46acb7fa.jpg

:lol

I love Assassin's Creed games; I still haven't beat Revelations, AC3, or AC:BF, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose FO4, hands down. So I did. :lol