Sign in to follow this  
kilgore

Carrier play

So just unlocked the Langley and jumped into random battle. For 4 straight games it was myself vs 2 other langleys. I stood no chance they sent their fighters straight across the map and just blew the poop out of my planes then camped me notnallwoingn any more to take off. Most of these matches I did love all the way through because without any planes I couldn't do anything.

Any tips to playing carriers? Been tempted to do just coop till I get some upgrades but not sure if that's feasible since do is cut by so much in there.

How do you carrier when same tier and outnumbered by enemy carriers?

If you are out numbered and you are not the fighter heavy load out, you don't really have a recourse to directly defeat the enemy.  The tier spread is really bad too, so if you a tier down against an opposing carrier, you need to play carefully.

In general, I try to get a good Anti Air Cruiser to pull up next to me (1km or less).  This is the best defense, as aircraft under fire end up having a mush wider torpedo spread.  A few should get shot down as well. 

Stay with the main force - I try to remain a few km behind the bulk of my team.  This allows me to gain some of their AA, and if a destroyers gets behind us, I am near someone that can help me fight it.

Finally, if I know I am "screwed" I focus on hitting the enemy battleships and not chasing enemy carriers.  If I can sink or severely damage one of their BB's, the odds of us winning increases significantly. 

Otherwise, sacrifice a virgin to the MM Gods and hope they give you a good match!