Sign in to follow this  
olden44

iPhone/iPod/iPad Gaming

Anybody actually use the iPhone/iPod Game Center? I set it up when it was originally available but haven't really used it much since.

My GT for it is rob12415 if anyone is interested in adding me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tellin' ya. Dead Space.

Oh, and I hear that there's a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 game for that, too. May be something you want to check out.

The long holiday weekend here in the states is perfect for getting together with your relatives. Mobile gaming is the perfect way to take your mind off that horrible possibility. Let's see what we've played this week, shall we?

Only four games were showcased this week instead of the normal five, but one of them was Hydro Thunder Go for the Windows Phone 7, which is easily worth any two iPhone games.

Now that the Windows Phone 7 gamers have wandered off to gloat, check out the three amazing iOS titles we futzed around with this week. Bumpy Road or Storm in a Teacup versus Hydro Thunder? No contest, my friends.

If you have a suggestion for an app for the iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows Phone 7 that you'd like to see highlighted, let us know.

The Week in Gaming AppsBumpy Road is a Sweet Trip, Just Not a Smooth One

Bumpy Road is one of those games I'd like to play with someone looking over my shoulder. It's a delight to look at and to listen to, and its very sweet-natured purpose-follow an aging couple down memory lane-makes it a feel-good story you'd want to share. More »

The Week in Gaming AppsCurrent Is Currently My Favorite Game

iOS games can be a crap shoot. There are some real diamonds, but a lot of crap. Then, every once in a while, you find a game, and you really get into it. For me, that game is Current. More »

The Week in Gaming AppsStorm In A Teacup Is A Dreamy, Delightful Platformer for the iPhone and iPad

Can a physics based platformer stand out-not to mention be a treat to play-on the iPhone? It can when you're piloting fine porcelain in a bizarre, hazardous dreamworld while playing Storm In A Teacup. More »

The Week in Gaming AppsHydro Thunder Go is Definitely a Must-Have Windows Phone 7 Game

After launching out of the starting gate with an impressive collection of titles the release of quality Xbox Live-enabled games for the Windows Phone 7 slowed to a trickle. Now Microsoft speeds things up a bit with six weeks of "Must-Have" Windows Phone games, and what better way to increase velocity than with the action-packed boat racing of Hydro Thunder Go? More »

Kotaku article

Wish this was on WP7, but it's not.

Duke Nukem Forever has been getting a ton of build up in the run up to the launch date, with the hilariously NSFW Duke Nudem flash game, the upcoming demo on June 3rd, and saucy launch parties in Texas.

Now, Gearbox Software and 2K Games want iPhone, iPad, and iPod users to get in on the fun with the Duke Nukem Forever Soundboard, which just hit the App Store yesterday.

What the app offers is a small collection the Duke's trademark catchphrases, all of which can be selected by touching the screen. Some of the phrases are merely suggestive ("I had eggs for breakfast. Your mom had sausauge."), others are plain silly ("Anybody mind if I take off my pants?"), and some are a little NFSW ("Douche."). There's a little more than 25 catchphrases in the app right now, but hopefully some more Duke-isms will be available in an update.

From the official press release:

2K Games and Gearbox Software Bring Duke Nukem Forever® Soundboard to iOS Systems Today and it’s Free!

New York, NY – May 26, 2011 – 2K Games and Gearbox Software are excited to announce that the Duke Nukem Forever® Soundboard app, the perfect antidote for those feverishly awaiting the return of the King next month, is now available for download at http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/duke-nukem-forever-soundboard/id438195496?mt=8 for iOS devices worldwide for the low, low cost of cost of zero U.S. dollars and zero U.S cents. “Hail to the King Baby!”

The Duke Nukem Forever Soundboard app allows fans to unleash a dizzying array of Duke-isms anywhere, anytime they want. Like Duke with his arsenal, fans can fire up and let loose an unfettered display of Duke’s most inappropriate one-liners, brazen insults and audaciously truthful claims that are sure to liven up boring midday meetings and upset quiet moviegoers.

The Duke Nukem Forever Soundboard app features over 25 classic Duke-isms, including silky smooth seduction lines sure to impress the ladies like “I’ve got balls of steel” and “Anybody mind if I take off my pants?” The App will also include monotony busters such as “I had eggs for breakfast, your mom had sausage” and stand-up-to bullies comebacks like “my job is to kick bum, not make small talk.”

Gamepro article