Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacksDaddy

What I love about my kids.

Guest krashhole

Great topic indeed! As many of you know, I have been battling with the same issues for the longest with our 13yr old son. Truth be told, I love that kid with all my heart. I have toned down my attitude quite a bit with him and things are getting better. In fact, we are going to Lowe's tomorrow when he gets out of school to buy all the stuff we need to build a potato cannon :eek Really looking forward to doing this with him because we need to spend the time together.

Our 2yr old son, what can I say! This kid keeps me running in circles and wears my bum out :lol My wife is always telling me he is Daddies boy all the way and that he has me wrapped around his finger :happyyes He is my movie and game companion during the day. We have watched Reel Steel twice already and Iron Man 2 like 4 times because he loves robots. He also loves using the steering wheel I have for Forza 4. I let him play Gotham Racing 4 because he can actually drive the car and stay on the track unlike forza :lmao2

Again, great topic and it's nice to read what fellow dads have to say about their kids be it good or bad :2thumbs

Guest MeanGreenVert

Loralei: What can I say, I only get to see her on the weekends, but when I pick her up on Fridays shes jumping and screaming my name. Shes into just about everything and its the joy of my life. Shes only 4 but I think shes going on 16.

Guest JungleKing76

Great topic.  Love my kids but don't usually like to brag so I guess this is my chance.  ;-)

Kayla-16:  Very mature and although she lacks the drive I wish she had, she has  a good head on her shoulders.  I know I don't have to worry about drugs, smoking, drinking, etc, so the few things I do have to deal with are  easy.  Does great in school.

Megan-13:  My spitting image.  When my parents always said they hope some day I have a child  like I was so I understand what I put them through, I really thought I was in for it with this one.  However,  with all the traits that remind me of myself, she doesn't have any of the bad stuff.  She is driven like no other I have met.  I think her lowest grade in school was a 97% and she volunteers at the local library, focused on both school work and soccer.  She is adamant that she will get a scholarship for college for her grades and not her  sport. 

Jaimee-9:  A true blonde that always gives us all a good laugh.  But sweet as can be and very friendly and respectful.  In the home, she is actually the most responsible and doesn't have to be reminded to do things like chores.

Braxton-4:  Finally a boy!  Lol.  What can I say, he has some good role  models in his sisters and he has  a great personality.  He is a lover and not a fighter though so I do have to teach him to stand up for himself when others get a little rough.

Generally, I am proud of how the older three  have grown and my fears of the impact their mom would have on them have dissipated.  The girls are from my first marriage and their mom is a complete waste and in the running for worst mom.  But I have always believed that it is not my place to bad mouth their mom and they needed to learn on their own and they have. 

Like many of you, I truly am a lucky dad.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Guest JacksDaddy

Great stuff Jungle and everyone else.  I am really enjoying reading what you guys have to say.

Great Thread Chill:

Ok where to start, first off I love and often forget that my kids are their own person and as such have their own likes and dislikes.

James age 7, is quite a handfull sometimes. He has MLASD and has a lot of trouble communicating and gets quite flustered if his routine is messed up. he starting to show signs of Tics( involuntary muscle spasms that I had before diagnosed with Tourettes) that drive us nuts sometimes but all that aside.. he is a great kid. He's very smart in first grade reading on an almost 3rd grade level, he draws videogames on the back of his school work( he drew a picture of 2 cars racing and one was jumping over water while the other got stuck in a tree, he even had a map key in the corner!) He fights with his brother alot but he definitely loves him. I can't tell you how many times he has let his brother win at a video game and then congratulated him on doing a good job when his brother was getting frustrated! I could go on and on but I'll save it.

Zack age 3, he is a devious little midget. he has a temper and he likes to start stuff with his brother get his brother worked up and then come get us to get him into trouble.. we wisened up after awhile but his poor brother got in so much trouble in the meantime. Zach is very considerate as well. he shares his candy with his brother if his brother gets upset he will go over to him and pat his back and say "its ok dames ( he cant say j) don't be sad" very cute.  he knows all of his letters, numbers up to 12 and shapes and colors too.

Apparently our kids are very well behaved in spite of our parenting. lol whenever someone gives the kids something they usually say thank you which sadly isn't the case with kids these days so its a novelty when a 3 year old says thank you. The kids do get antsy when we are out sometimes but unlike some parents who yell and beat their kids to shut them up at the store, me and the wife play games with them to keep their mind of the fact they are stuck in the cart. games like "how many 3's can you find on this aisle etc..

But above all else what I love most about my kids is that even though I snap sometimes when I'm tired and stressed from work or just having a bad day they run up and give me a hug and sit in my lap and tell me how much they love me and it makes the day better. I am lucky to have 2 great kids and am going to stop there before I run up the bandwidth on the site.

ps my wife just asked what I was doing and said that she loved how it took me a long time to write why I loved my kids.

Guest GeektheGamer

Pandora may have just turned 1, but she's a madam already.

As much as I hate it, when she climbs on the coffee table and I say 'no', she goes 'yeah' and grins.

We have 3 cats and a dog (who avoids her 24/7) and its so adorable when she uses a cat as a pillow when she gives them hugs, that and when she bites their head in means of kisses.

I know it's cruel, but she is scared of the hoover. Every time it comes on she zooms to the other side of the room.

But nothing at the moment beats her walking practise. Arms out, feet spread, I have a 80cm baby zombie pacing the living room.

the list goes on and on and on. Its all new and I love it all... Apart from the rare broken night, teething, and the constant food sharing from her high chair to the floor, and thus, the pets!

Guest CarryOn Killing

Great thread Chill.

wow,where do I start?

Esme (Es-may) 4- she's also very quite intelligent (unlike her father,but very much like her mother),when she puts her mind to it and actually stops to think about what she's doing. I love her creativeness,and her willingness to try something new.

Lucas (18mnths)-my god he''s a handful. Never stops running or shouting or screaming or crying. Constantly trying to do the things he's sister does (which some of it he obviously cant),never listens when we tell him no,pull him away and he just keeps coming back. When he's awake there is never a spare moment in the day.

but saying that,my god I love him.his my 1st and maybe only boy,so of course I have a tiny soft spot for him,thats not to say I dont love Esme any less.

but I tell you one thing,i dread when these two get to the teenager yrs,thay are going to be a NIGHTMARE!

I love when Zach keeps asking me for something and I keep telling him No. after awhile he will say "Stop daddy, stop telling me No. That's not nice." Love them kids

James my oldest is getting older everyday and I forget he is still a kid sometimes because he is so independent. He doesn't need me for alot anymore. not like his brother. My wife was in the kitchen the other day and had said she was going to make dinner and was pre heating the oven.. she came out to the living room and was getting on the computer to look up a recipe and James looks up from his book and said "Mommy, what are you doing? Don't you have some cooking to be doing?" we all laughed.. now if I had said that...

My 3 year old just last night says, "daddy, do you smell that"?? took a whiff and said no ? she says "I farted" laughs and runs away ??  :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

I couldn't stop laughing !! 

Guest JacksDaddy

Dude Bella is gross.  I'm not sure I want Jackson marrying her anymore  :lmao2