Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacksDaddy

What I love about my kids.

Guest JacksDaddy

So we have a thread about what we love about our wives, or significant others, but that is clearly out-done by the thread about what our significant others do that drive us nuts  :lmao2 but none about the kids.  I don't know about you guys, but I tend to get bogged down about what my kids do that drive me nuts, as opposed to what they do that make my life easier.  So let me start it out

Jackson:  As much as he does that exhausts me and drives me up a wall, he is doing amazing with his night time potty training.  Since we started about a month and a half ago he has only had 1 accident.  I can't tell you how easy that makes nights.  He may still wake up once or twice at night, but as long as I'm not up changing sheets a few times a week, that makes my life a little bit easier.

Evelyn:  She may be only 4 months, but she is already driving me crazy  :lol  she seems to have a sensitive stomach, so she spits up A LOT and as of right now, the only formula she can handle is $30 per canister!!!  Other than that, I can't tell you how nice it is to have a baby that sleeps through the night for the most part.  We put her down around 8 and for the last several nights she has slept until about 6.  Considering Jackson woke up every 2 hours on the hour to eat until he was well past one and then still continued to wake up a few times in the night (to this day even) having one that sleeps good is a God send.

They may drive me nuts, but I'm going to continue to try and look at how they positively help me and the wife instead of how they make us crazy  :lol

Great Idea Chill

Krissie:  It amazes me how smart she is. Shes only 4 and can right her name without help help knows her vowels and can write anything as long as you spell it out loud for her.  She very hyper and i def. cant keep up with her.  Its also funny to me how every time you point a camera at her she poses like a little model.  Almost all of her pictures have the same smile and expressions even the actions shots.  And its great how much she is just like me: a little sarcastic and smart mouthed its funny to see her arguing with her mom.

I thought Chill was gonna say he loved how his 3 yr old had more friends then him.  :taunt  :lmao2 

My daughter warms my heart when she calls for me in the morning.  I knock on her door and she yells "DADDY!" and giggles when she opens the door.  I love it!  :happyyes

Guest leeb0y

Vance- My only child and the only we will be having. When he actually feels like being around me (he is a mamas boy) he is fun to kick it with. While he's only 2 he has a strange yet good sense of humor. He's very smart and very vibrant. When your tired or down he will pick you up.

Guest nephilim

Grace - My only child (that I know of)

I love her to pieces. She is nearly 3, and we have taken her to get tested for her memory, and it is believed that she has an eidetic memory (Photographic memory). An example of this is that I called her thighs "chub" when she was around 7 months old and did it for a week or so before I stopped because my mrs said it sounded silly...3 months ago she came out and touched her thighs and said "daddy, this is my chub".

She is extremely affectionate and is 50/50 when it comes to being a mummies girl/daddies girl.

She is able to count to 50 (well she misses 3 numbers, which are 13,15 and 17), knows the whole alphabet, and can name everyone in the immediate family of myself and my mrs (EG both grandparents, cousins, aunties, uncles - some of which she has only met once). But she is a picky eater...Chicken, Fish, Chips (fries), Crisps (chips), and spaghetti bolognaise. Just like her mother!

I could go on and on and on and on but I shall leave it at that.

Sabrina: She's quite possibly the sweetest 6 year old I know. She never had the "terrible twos" and has always been a very pleasant little girl. She likes to share - one instance that stands out was when she was eating some jelly beans... she bit one in half and brought the remaining half over to me and said "Daddy! You have to try this! It's really yummy!" I don't know many kids that would do that with candy! She does this sort of thing frequently with food.

The thing I'm most proud of happened at her 6th birthday celebration at school. She's in a Montessori school and they have 3-6 year olds in her class. The birthday kid gets to pick out 5 classmates to sit at their table for the birthday celebration after lunch... they usually have cupcakes or cookies for this. Sabrina had picked 6 kids, including Grace who is a younger Chinese girl that didn't speak a lick of English when she started a couple of years ago. Sabrina doesn't really play with Grace that much and all of the other kids are kids that Sabrina plays with frequently, so the teacher suggested that maybe she should leave Grace off of the list. Sabrina was really insistent that she wanted Grace at the table, but couldn't decide which of the other kids to not include. The teacher watched Sabrina stew over this for about 20 minutes and finally said that they would find a way to get all 6 of her friends around the table. The teacher passed along this info to me and my wife about the birthday table situation and when my wife and I asked Sabrina why she picked Grace to sit at her table, she said that she wanted Grace to sit at the birthday table because nobody ever picks her to sit at the birthday table.

18.gif

Great Job Chill !! Couldn't be a better Thread !!

I guess my only problem is where do I start ?? It's almost overwhelming how much I love my kids !! Bella is my 3yr old and just my best buddy ! We are constantly joking around and even have inside jokes !! she loves to throw me under the bus with my wife ! (if I give her something and say don't tell mommy, she runs off and tells mommy ? hahaha) she is just so sweet and such a daredevil !! I can't wait to get home from work everyday to see her, and I think about her all the time !! She is too much fun !!

My boy at 7 months is just getting into his own, learning how to walk around the coffee table and starting to dance to music !! Mostly i'm protecting him from the older one, as she treats him like a stuffed animal trying to pick him up and stuff !!  :lol

Now with that said there are times when they drive me nuts, but I think mostly that my fault for having very little patience, but they are definitely helping me with that !!  :lol

Guest slick92

Great Idea Chill

Krissie:  It amazes me how smart she is. Shes only 4 and can right her name without help help knows her vowels and can write anything as long as you spell it out loud for her.  She very hyper and i def. cant keep up with her.  Its also funny to me how every time you point a camera at her she poses like a little model.  Almost all of her pictures have the same smile and expressions even the actions shots.  And its great how much she is just like me: a little sarcastic and smart mouthed its funny to see her arguing with her mom.

My Kids?

My boy Wesley (7) has probably punched most of you on WOT.  My girl Emma (10) has probably some of you and

Oh man where do I start?

My Step-daughter, Amber: a little firecracker I'll tell you, drives me nuts waking me up at 6:30 on my days off. Never seen a smarter child than her, at 4 years old is just absolutely brilliant, counts well, talks well, is learning how to read, and though she isn't my own flesh and blood I love her as though she is (and God knows I take better care of her than her dad).

Nicolaos (Nico): Oh man, My 5 month old baby Boy. Nothing in this world equals the look on his face when he wakes up next to daddy. His brilliant bright little blue eyes sparkle and he gives a huge smile, even at 5:30 in the morning when I leave for work, and when I come home just before he goes to bed. That little man makes my world go 'round. He'll even sit on my lap for a bit while I play skyrim!

After Iraq and some of the other things I've gone through, I never thought I'd experience this kind of love for anyone or anything, but these kids are the reason my heart beats.

+1 for this topic. I too tend to have more gripes than praise with a 16 y/o who knows everything and doesn't understand why she's not treated as our equal, "an adult", and our 5 y/o who is looking up to his older sister and talking back with no understanding as to why just that he thinks he should.

Alexandria, formerly Ali but as of the start of sophomore year now so mature, is sharp as a tack. When she puts her mind to it she can accomplish anything. She maintains college level classes while taking care of 20 bunnies that she breads and shows locally. I barely maintained passing grades in standard classes and barely fed or walked our dog when I was her age. She's my step daughter but I've know her since she was 6, she considers me her dad, has added my last name to her school paperwork and wants me to adopt her when she's 18 since her bio won't sign the papers even though we have full custody.

John he's always in good nature that his karate sensei has dubbed him Mr. Smiles. No matter how much they ride him he maintains his smile. Of course he has his rebellious attitude and he's largely a daddys boy who constantly gives back talk to my wife bringing out my wrath of time out. Then he'll do things every so often to show he still loves his mommy. Just yesterday morning, after earning good behavior bucks at school, he told my wife he couldn't wait for the shop they have that allows them to buy trinkets for themselves with the bucks they earn. When I picked him up he ended up spending over half the money he got on a little bear keychain in girl work out clothes because "Mommy's been doing a lot of work around the house and I wanted her to know I know". Needless to say my wife ate it up with tears and kisses.