Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

captainjaQ : (19 March 2017 - 04:06 AM)

sorry ps4 WOT clans?

joey791 : (19 March 2017 - 08:56 AM)

Welcome to the forums Wotb0t :)

SilntMercy : (19 March 2017 - 09:20 AM)

captainjaQ, I honestly don't know if we have a PS4 clan for WoT. I know there is a playstation thread in here somewhere though

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:01 AM)

I think Silnt is right, we don't have a WoT clan for the PS4.

SGrant7 : (20 March 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Not yet anyways... you could always post in the PS threads to see who might play it on PS4

joey791 : (20 March 2017 - 10:56 AM)

Welcome to the forums michael mccormick :)

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM)

dorjammer

michael mcco... : (20 March 2017 - 11:00 AM)

dorjammer sent me here

Harbinger_Of... : (20 March 2017 - 11:28 AM)

Welcome Mike

SilntMercy : (20 March 2017 - 12:36 PM)

claiming Jammer as someone who sent you here... you should rethink that intro

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

How's it going over here?

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

Discord is on the fritz at the moment

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

oh yea, if you're picking up Mass Effect, it's got an early release time! I was told 9pm today(CST) is when i could pick it up.

chaosdemon19... : (20 March 2017 - 06:08 PM)

hello all

xJediDadx : (20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM)

hey chaos

Sixman_Up : (21 March 2017 - 05:08 AM)

DHO2 is standing up a Strongholds battle formation, each Wednesday night at 8:00pm (EST). Required Equipment; 1. Please have at least a Tier 6 vehicle. Vehicle type not too important as we are going to have fun! 2. Teamspeak Optional

joey791 : (22 March 2017 - 03:17 AM)

Welcome to the forums excpomelo :)

thedakar : (22 March 2017 - 07:30 AM)

Sixman, that 1 am local time for me - but if I can find a way to get up to play for an hour, I would find it refreshing!

Sixman_Up : (22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Sounds good dakar.. Sorry for the time difference.. We get this rolling strong, I'm sure that other Dad's will stand up other days..

joey791 : (22 March 2017 - 05:15 PM)

Welcome to the forums Sregorywaits :)

Photo

New nation/tree/line or something: Czech

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#11 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts
  • Real first name:grant
  • WoT ID:gpc_4

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

What I'm saying though, and I'm not a tank expert, but you know how some lines are known for gun depression, and other lines are known as brawlers, and another line might be known more for sniping...what would the new line be known for? I heard a Dad say just the other day that the end-goal seems to be having a duplicate of every tank in every line. So every line gets a T-71, every line gets an IS-3, every line gets a Hellcat, etc. So what is the purpose of adding a new nationality, other than just being something "new"? Surely someone out there is going to think it's the best change ever. I'm just not sure I get what was "missing" that we need a new line. And I mean it questioningly, I don't know.

Basically, I think WG wants new content to keep the game going. Perhaps they are running low on options for the current nations and need a new nation (or a few).

I'm glad its not just more Chinese copies of Soviet stuff, Czech tanks are certainly more interesting that Chinese TDs or SPGs.

Edit: Also what's up with my username being purple? Stands out too much...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

Pretty sweet. From old "For The Record" posts the T40 looks to be a tier 6-7 medium, most likely the premium WG will release a patch before the rest of the Czech tanks are released (just like the Japanese Tiger being released before the rest of the Japanese heavies).

Apparently the Skoda T40 is a tier VI with an 88mm gun.
https://thearmoredpa...oda-t-40-model/

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Mykk

Mykk

Assassin

• WoT Commanders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Your post-count title is Assassin? Maybe it goes with that? Maybe you are a board moderator now? Maybe someone is fiddling with your settings? I like Assassin better than Commander, that was confusing.

So, in other words, we're getting a "new" T-40. See what I'm saying? I'm not a history buff--did the Czechs have their own tanks, or is WG going to take the same old tanks and rebrand them and call it a new line for the sake of pushing new content?

I'm having a horrible work day and taking it out on WG :-(

signature.png

Users Awards

#14 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Your post-count title is Assassin? Maybe it goes with that? Maybe you are a board moderator now? Maybe someone is fiddling with your settings? I like Assassin better than Commander, that was confusing.

So, in other words, we're getting a "new" T-40. See what I'm saying? I'm not a history buff--did the Czechs have their own tanks, or is WG going to take the same old tanks and rebrand them and call it a new line for the sake of pushing new content?

I'm having a horrible work day and taking it out on WG :-(

Not certain what you're getting at, but I'm going to get you on board for the Czech tanks somehow:happyyes.

From what I see they are generally new tanks, with new in-game models, primarily designed by Skoda, a real Czech company that was a major arms dealer before WWII. The T-25 at tier VI and the T-34/100 (maybe a T-34/85 but with a 100mm gun?) at tier VII might be familiar to us, but most of the other speculative tanks seem new.....Mykk clearly demands more research.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

An old article on the T-34/100 from Silentstalker.
http://ftr.wot-news....oviet-t-34-100/

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Nickali28

Nickali28

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • Steam:nickali25
  • WoT ID:Nickali28

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

What I'm saying though, and I'm not a tank expert, but you know how some lines are known for gun depression, and other lines are known as brawlers, and another line might be known more for sniping...what would the new line be known for? I heard a Dad say just the other day that the end-goal seems to be having a duplicate of every tank in every line. So every line gets a T-71, every line gets an IS-3, every line gets a Hellcat, etc. So what is the purpose of adding a new nationality, other than just being something "new"? Surely someone out there is going to think it's the best change ever. I'm just not sure I get what was "missing" that we need a new line. And I mean it questioningly, I don't know.

Basically, I think WG wants new content to keep the game going. Perhaps they are running low on options for the current nations and need a new nation (or a few).

I'm glad its not just more Chinese copies of Soviet stuff, Czech tanks are certainly more interesting that Chinese TDs or SPGs.

Purple means you talk a lot....really.

Your title changes at 2000 posts to Assassin and that title gets a shiny new purple color.

Woohoo!!:lol

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $5408 ($1246 with sales)
  • Games owned: 518
  • Games not played: 462 (89%)
  • Hours on record: 812.7h

My excuse for being bad at games is my ISP. Why I'm really bad? Solitaire is more my speed. :doh
fs_overall.png

Users Awards

#17 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

Purple means you talk a lot....really.

Your title changes at 2000 posts to Assassin and that title gets a shiny new purple color.

Woohoo!!:lol

Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Nickali28

Nickali28

God-Like

• God-Like
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • Steam:nickali25
  • WoT ID:Nickali28

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

Try this:http://dadshideout.c...p?topic=18988.0

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $5408 ($1246 with sales)
  • Games owned: 518
  • Games not played: 462 (89%)
  • Hours on record: 812.7h

My excuse for being bad at games is my ISP. Why I'm really bad? Solitaire is more my speed. :doh
fs_overall.png

Users Awards

#19 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

So WoT is getting new nations then, probably with very truncated tank lines like the Japanese.

- There will apparently not be any "European tree."
- Czechoslovaks, Italians and Swedish will likely be separate nations.
http://ritastatusrep...11062015-q.html

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 gpc_4

gpc_4

God-Like

• WoT Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Stats for the first Czech premium, Skoda T-40 at tier VI.
http://ritastatusrep...-6-premium.html
https://thearmoredpa.../18/skoda-t-40/

Tier: 6 MT
Hitpoints: 700
Engine: 700 hp
Weight: 39,95 tons
Power-to-weight: 17,52 hp/t
Maximum speed: 50/20 km/h
Hull traverse: 38 deg/s
Turret traverse: 33,4 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,767/0,863/1,918
Viewrange: 370