Toggle shoutbox Dads Shout

SGrant7 : (18 May 2017 - 12:58 PM)

Thanks!

Vikinger : (18 May 2017 - 02:08 PM)

Enjoy your vaca Grant!... In NH we've gone from running the wood stove to frantically installing the window ACs within a day... it is summer now and I plan on a night of Mojitos!

SGrant7 : (18 May 2017 - 02:38 PM)

Here we went from daily highs of 8C to 28C and humidity pushing the temp to feeling like 35C... tonight's low... 8C... LOL

joey791 : (18 May 2017 - 05:18 PM)

Welcome to the forums woobycat :)

joey791 : (19 May 2017 - 07:29 AM)

Welcome to the forums PoweredByGreed :)

G3nst3r : (19 May 2017 - 10:35 AM)

TGIF, Hope everyone has a great weekend!

bergsteiger : (19 May 2017 - 02:12 PM)

Coaching at our first game at Regionals tonight but hoping to be back by 9pm Pacific for some beer and tanks!

PrometheusEDI : (20 May 2017 - 01:18 PM)

well, this is certainly a throwback :) hi guys... hope I'm not persona non-grata around here :/

bergsteiger : (20 May 2017 - 02:06 PM)

Thanks for the toon last night Tempus and golfcrazy. Lot of fun!

Villid : (20 May 2017 - 04:00 PM)

Anyone ever have their wife tell them to not let the kids wreck one particular thing, and thats the one thing the kids go out of their way to wreck???

PrometheusEDI : (20 May 2017 - 04:07 PM)

yes sir. happens almost daily around here

joey791 : (20 May 2017 - 09:14 PM)

Welcome to the forums Xakkalikov :)

Xakkalikov : (20 May 2017 - 09:14 PM)

bergsteiger : (21 May 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Some great toons yesterday--Xperiment, Roguewar, Nieve, xtc, and Geek Verve!

joey791 : (21 May 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Welcome to the forums Dented :)

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:40 PM)

Welcome Xakkalikov and Dented. Glad to have you both on board. The SWGoH section is down towards the bottom and we have our own Discord server too. discord.me/dho

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:46 PM)

and that discord link is for anyone else who wants to join. :) Would love to have more Dads on there to liven the place up.

xJediDadx : (21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM)

It's mobile friendly, has a website version and a PC program so it's easy to get to

Xakkalikov : (22 May 2017 - 03:52 PM)

Looking at it now xJedi- thanks!

xJediDadx : (22 May 2017 - 04:03 PM)

Welcome. I just replied back to your PM so you should be good to go now for discord

Photo

Aslain's WoWs Mod Pack!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Brutalus_Maximus

Brutalus_Maximus

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • WoT ID:Brutalus_Maximus

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Still have not loaded it.  Waiting for patch to settle.  Still have this same question.

1001457628.png

2ilk8zk.gif

"I'd strangle you dead if I weren't eating this sandwich"
"Ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated...... but there is no cure for stupid"

#12 thedakar

thedakar

Commander

• Administrators
  • 546 posts
  • Real first name:Rob
  • Steam:cmdrdakar
  • WoT ID:thedakar

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

What mods what mods . . . ALL THE MODS!!!!!!  
Just kidding.  

If you load one mod, I would load the tracers mod - it allows you to see if you are being shot at by HE or AP quite clearly.  This has been VERY useful, especially when in a battleship.  If a cruiser or destroyer is shooting AP, I know that he is going to cause little to no damage, so I don't have to try and dodge anything.  If an enemy battleship is shooting HE, I know I can angle myself for better shots at targets rather than to bounce incoming AP rounds.  You can also see what your allies are shooting, which has helped us in division - I have been reminded more than once to switch loadouts to be more effective (and I have done the same suggesting to others!)
Other mods I suggest (in general order of usefulness):

• Crosshairs - m0nstertr4x's pro scope: it has angled lines across the crosshair to assist with deflection shots (when the enemy is headed at an angle from you, not 90 degrees left/right or dead ahead/away.  
  • Ship Contour mods - I use Major renegades v6:  I am an information classy lady, and I make tactics based on enemy speed, range, and "weight" of broadside.  Choose a contour icon that gives you the information you need, and that way you can plan your moves with accurate info. 
  • Minimap upgrades: I love the semi transparent minimap mod as then I can enlarge the map without losing visual of the entire bottom corner of my screen.  I also like the damage counter + inbattle clock, mainly so I cna see if I am being effective in the match (causing enough damage!)
  • more visible torpedoes - I don't really notice too much difference, but I will take anything that helps me see torps more clearly!
  • Move compass elements near corsshair center - this moves the icon with your ship, the guns and their aiming point to just left and under the crosshair aiming point.  I like this as it brings the information of heading while in combat front and center to I can more easily see it.  

I also use:

• fog remover/clarity mod(s) - just makes the whole think look better to me

The Mods have been updated for the latest WoWs edition, so I am off to play!

World of Warships Executive Officer
WarThunder Clan Steward
-DHO-
dark.png
signature.png
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
"A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later."
George S. Patton

#13 Brutalus_Maximus

Brutalus_Maximus

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

OK the X hairs is the one I was most interested in.  

Contour mods give the enemy speed?

1001457628.png

2ilk8zk.gif

"Ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated...... but there is no cure for stupid"

#14 irishwolf75

irishwolf75

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:27 AM

Does anyone know if it has been updated for the latest patch yet ?

sig.png

#15 Brutalus_Maximus

Brutalus_Maximus

Keys to the Hideout

• Keys to the Hideout
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

What mods what mods . . . ALL THE MODS!!!!!!  
Just kidding.  

If you load one mod, I would load the tracers mod - it allows you to see if you are being shot at by HE or AP quite clearly.  This has been VERY useful, especially when in a battleship.  If a cruiser or destroyer is shooting AP, I know that he is going to cause little to no damage, so I don't have to try and dodge anything.  If an enemy battleship is shooting HE, I know I can angle myself for better shots at targets rather than to bounce incoming AP rounds.  You can also see what your allies are shooting, which has helped us in division - I have been reminded more than once to switch loadouts to be more effective (and I have done the same suggesting to others!)
Other mods I suggest (in general order of usefulness):

• Crosshairs - m0nstertr4x's pro scope: it has angled lines across the crosshair to assist with deflection shots (when the enemy is headed at an angle from you, not 90 degrees left/right or dead ahead/away.  
  • Ship Contour mods - I use Major renegades v6:  I am an information classy lady, and I make tactics based on enemy speed, range, and "weight" of broadside.  Choose a contour icon that gives you the information you need, and that way you can plan your moves with accurate info. 
  • Minimap upgrades: I love the semi transparent minimap mod as then I can enlarge the map without losing visual of the entire bottom corner of my screen.  I also like the damage counter + inbattle clock, mainly so I cna see if I am being effective in the match (causing enough damage!)
  • more visible torpedoes - I don't really notice too much difference, but I will take anything that helps me see torps more clearly!
  • Move compass elements near corsshair center - this moves the icon with your ship, the guns and their aiming point to just left and under the crosshair aiming point.  I like this as it brings the information of heading while in combat front and center to I can more easily see it.  

I also use:

• fog remover/clarity mod(s) - just makes the whole think look better to me

The Mods have been updated for the latest WoWs edition, so I am off to play!

So yes irishwolf75!

1001457628.png

2ilk8zk.gif

#16 irishwolf75

irishwolf75

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

Sorry, as they say reading is fundamental. derp

sig.png

#17 Granitebeard

Granitebeard

Commander

• Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Real first name:Tim
  • WoT ID:Granitebeard

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

mods.........

#18 Twitinator666

Twitinator666

McN00bin'

• McN00bin'
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Real first name:Craig
  • PSN:twitinator666
  • Steam:twitinator666

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

Cant say i use any mods what so ever!!!! im happy being the middle of pack guys thats win's some and lose's some lol. Beside i play in the asia sever and i dont mind if i dont play nice, they not doing same for me so meh

sig.png

#19 KlystronZ

KlystronZ

I miss my Kitakami...

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Real first name:Jeremy

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

I really like the colored tracers in aslains. It's nice to be able to instantly tell who is firing HE or AP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dark.png

#20 gbgentry

gbgentry

Pack Leader

• Pack Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

Installed the one with big waves.Really nice touch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users