Sign in to follow this  
dIRTYpLUNGER

Should I come back to SWTOR?

I played the game at release just for the love of Star Wars, but it felt a bit boring to me.  I played it maybe a month before I quit.  Is it worth coming back to? Is it supported and actually improved on over its time?  I really want to come back to it, but figure I should hear some opinions first.

I haven't played it. Are you into elder scrolls online? I hear it's pretty good, but it doesn't have any star wars references.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am playing SWTOR more than tanks nowadays. They have made a bunch of changes since launch.

There is PvP galactic starfighter. Basically, Star Conflict but in Star Wars setting. Think arena style. You get points to upgrade or unlock new ships etc. Just an extra game in a game thing.

There are no more skill trees. Instead, you pick a branch of your specialization and then get the set skills given to you as you level up. Can be reset to another branch later on.

Strongholds are instanced player housing. You can put in a mailbox, vault, and deco in it. Nice thing is that you can instantly teleport to your house and then exit to fleet or primary planet, or return to where you were.

Don't need a mod station to putz with mods on orange gear now. There is an appearance tab where you can set an outfit to show always instead of equipped gear.

They added a few more places and level cap. There is a tactical flashpoint that you can run at any level. Like the PVP, it auto buffs you to the level in damage/hp. You don't have the high level skills, but still makes you viable to run with higher level friends if you want.

As stupid as it sounds, the spaceship mission is fun. This is the one with your main ship and the on the rails shooter. You can buy upgrades at vendors and put them on your ship like you do gear on your character.

Really mindless, yet a great throwback to the arcade star wars games. Too bad you can only do 3 times a week for F2P.

I fired this up last week for the first time in about a year or so.  Had 3Gb of updates that needed to be downloaded first. :lol  Definitely takes some getting used to once again.  At the moment I'm doing F2P, already purchased a few things using the Cartel Coins I 'earned' when I was paying for it.

It's been so long that I don't even remember what I was doing when I stopped and was lost for about the first 10 minutes trying to figure it all out again.  Thinking about starting another toon, but on a server where those from here are playing.

kaygeebee got me into this with his RL friend. Most of the time, if we're having a bad day in tanks, we switch over to SWTOR for some fun.

Unfortunately, they picked a west server (little lags are annoying), Bastion. Yeah, it's PVP, but haven't gotten high enough lvl as everyone mostly does flashpoints. He got us into one of the really active guilds, Evolution, with their own TS server even. Most of them are lv 60's, but are willing to power level you through flashpoints for the xp rewards.

K's char is Tackleblocks. Mine are Kiyenna and Defors (running JC in Tython lv 5 right now). I could probably get you in to the guild easy enough. I'm usually on after tanks, which is generally around midnight eastern.

I am looking for another game to play besides WoT.  Downloaded last week, played a few hours, but gave up again already.  I played in the Beta and wasn't impressed with the game, so I never bought it.  But now that it is FTP, am trying to get in it to hold my interest.  Will I have any fun in the game if I am not willing to pay any money at this time?

The whole story line is f2p. You do not get bank access and have only 1 of 3 crew skills to use. I think the xp is reduced as well as a limited number of runs through a dungeon etc.

Deo is right.  Plus you're also limited on rewards for completing story and side-quest missions. Can only choose from one instead of all of them.